Founded in 2008, Dreamit Ventures is a leading early-stage venture fund and growth platform. Dreamit invests in startups with demonstrable traction looking to gain customers rapidly, initiate new partnerships, and raise capital. Startups participate in one of Dreamit’s three industry verticals: Healthtech, Securetech, or Urbantech.
We are hiring a bright, dynamic, and creative Associate to assist with sourcing and marketing for our Securetech vertical. This position will oversee Dreamit Securetech’s sourcing process and strategy, analyze startups for fund deal flow and entry into the program, execute and continually refine a content marketing strategy, and build brand awareness through events and other marketing initiatives. Dreamit has offices in Philadelphia and NYC. If you take the role and are working remotely, we would have you come to our offices for onboarding and periodically throughout the year for face time with the team. Please note: We are looking to hire someone who is US-based.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Sourcing responsibilities (80% of your focus):
- Refine and execute leverageable strategies for sourcing pre-Series A startups in cybersecurity, anti-fraud, compliance, and physical security.
- Develop a deep understanding of the global Securetech vertical to evolve Dreamit’s Securetech connections, refine sourcing strategies, and diligence startups.
- Create a sustainable startup sourcing process by building investor relationships, maintaining scouts to source companies, and outreach to founder-focused organizations.
- Coordinate with the vertical’s Managing Director and Program Manager to interview new startups, collaborate on content, and identify new sourcing strategies.
- Engage founders considering Dreamit’s growth program to educate them on Dreamit’s unique value proposition and to learn more about their companies.
Marketing responsibilities (20% of your focus):
- Identify and manage a calendar of sector-specific industry conferences, events, pitch competitions, and networking functions.
- Write and edit content weekly to promote the Dreamit brand through posts on the Dreamit blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Participate in ideating new video content for in-house produced shows that air on YouTube: the Dreamit Dose and Dreamit Runway.
- Measure and optimize content marketing efforts by creating reports on defined KPIs around engagement and brand awareness for the Securetech program.
- Coordinate PR and announcements regarding Dreamit and Dreamit portfolio startups.
- Manage social media channels for the Securetech program.
- 3-5+ years of work experience.
- Prior experience with securetech, working at a startup, venture fund, or accelerator is a plus.
- Strong passion for startups and the venture capital ecosystem.
- Inherently curious with a robust interest in security technology, cybersecurity, and physical security.
- Comfortable and able to grasp complex technology quickly.
- Exceptional oral, written, organizational, and communication skills.
- Hunter’s mentality for bringing in new deals.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and a strong work ethic.
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
If interested, please apply here.