Cold Start is a venture-building studio working to bring visionary ideas to reality. We provide companies with the resources and experience needed to solve today’s most complex challenges. Our portfolio has generated >1.4 bn in enterprise value in less than 24 months. Cold Start’s fund has made key seed-series A investments in companies like Cerebral, Talkitry, Blank Street, MainStreet, and more; while also raising funds for incubations from top venture funds to continue portfolio growth. We believe that the opportunity to create industry-defining, tech-forward ventures is bigger than ever. Our leadership team comes from Elemy, Lyft, Doordash, Uber, and has raised capital from General Catalyst, Founders Fund, Softbank, Tiger Global, and other top-tier venture funds.
About The Role
Cold Start is seeking a Business Development Associate who will be responsible for inbound leads as well as driving outbound campaigns by effectively and ethically building relationships with a variety of small and medium-sized business clients and partners such as psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, hospitals & clinics that are focused on providing in-person behavioral therapy.
Reporting to the Business Development Lead, you will work cross-functionally with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to drive our sales and marketing strategy at the portfolio company level and at Cold Start more broadly.
You will have the chance to play a crucial role in helping shape this position for the future. Your primary goal will be to drive sustainable business growth through boosting referrals for Cold Start’s portfolio companies and by forging strong relationships with clients.
What You’ll Do
- Educate referral partners, such as psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, hospitals & clinics on Cold Start’s portfolio companies products and services, with the goal of generating patient referrals
- Identify and build relationships with industry influencers and consultants in order to build the presence of Cold Start portfolio companies within your assigned territory
- Identify target accounts and run outbound campaigns in partnership with Marketing and Business Development leadership
- Build trusting and loyal relationships with clients and partners
- Navigate a multi-touch cycle with a variety of decision makers and stakeholders
- Support and help manage a wide variety of sales and marketing initiatives on the ground
- Leverage Salesforce and other tools in order to track your progress and increase efficiency
What You’ll Need
- BA or BS Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a sales or partnerships role, with a preference for prior experience working with psychiatrists and other private practices
- Prior experience in medical device sales and/or B2B health benefits sales
- Experience with cold outreach via phone, email, Linkedin, etc
- Great communication skills and proven ability in interacting with clients in person and on the phone
- Strong sense of independence and self-motivation to consistently exceed set targets
- Out-of-the box thinking to constantly innovate and improve our sales and marketing strategy
- Startup mentality with an eagerness to learn and work on every project
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Healthcare industry background and existing relationships in the pediatric mental health industry are a significant plus
If interested, please apply here.