Founded in 2018, Tribe Capital is a venture capital firm with over $1.5B in assets under management. We focus on recognizing and amplifying product-market fit by using a quantitative approach to early-stage investing. Our unique capabilities help us find and partner with great entrepreneurs building the next wave of generation-defining companies. We continuously build relationships with excellent investors in order to learn, forge productive partnerships, and innovate on the structure of VC itself.
We seek to underwrite opportunities in any sector, geography, and stage. In order to execute this broad mandate, we seek out diverse perspectives, integrate information from a variety of sources, and compound our knowledge by sharing it and building it into the Tribe platform.
Tribe Capital is seeking a full time Investment Analyst to evaluate, engage and identify early stage startups. In this role, you will work closely with Tribe’s Venture team to evaluate prospective investments. You will own the diligence process and will be expected to:
- Develop a bottoms-up view of product-market fit using Tribe’s unique technology stack
- Assess top-down factors such as market conditions, competitive landscape, regulatory hurdles, etc.
- Marry these perspectives into a coherent, balanced investment recommendation
- Seek critical perspectives from among your and Tribe’s network
- Communicate findings to the core investment team and the company founding team in a way that elevates both the Tribe brand and the portfolio
Our team comes from varied backgrounds as entrepreneurs, investors, and technologists, and we actively embrace diverse perspectives in our investment process. As such, specific past experiences are less important than the following values: an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to thrive in ambiguity, a commitment to follow-through, and an insatiable intellectual curiosity/penchant for learning.
Nevertheless, candidates should be able to demonstrate a pre-existing passion for one or more of the following areas:
- Exposure to startups/tech companies through a university accelerator, internship, or experience in a founding team.
- Financial analysis skills, as demonstrated by coursework, projects, or direct work experience
- Familiarity with programming. Most of our work is in Python, but your language of choice is less important than your ability to competently navigate the command line, manipulate and visualize data, and build basic scripts for analysis.
How you will grow
The analyst program is envisioned as a two-year “training program” that will equip you to work in a wide diversity of roles in the tech and/or investment worlds. You should expect to gain appreciable experience in each of the three areas listed above (exposure to startups, financial analysis, programming). As an analyst, you will become deeply familiar with our burgeoning portfolio of top-decile tech companies, as well as build an investor network that will serve as a launchpad for your direction of choice.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and written responses to the two questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why are you interested in the investment analyst role at Tribe? (150 words max)
- What industry/theme for technology investment over the coming 5 years are you most excited about, and why? (150 words max)
The expected start date for the role is summer 2022. The role will be hybrid remote with monthly travel expected.