Steel Perlot is a deep tech management company that is creating and investing in the talent and technologies that will shape the world over the next 20-years.
We are currently searching for a Blockchain Investment Research Analyst to help source investment opportunities and inform decision making for our disruptive finance investment team.
As a Blockchain Investment Research Analyst (Investments), you will work closely with executive level leadership to conduct deep research and diligence on potential investment opportunities.
Successful candidates will have advanced understanding of cryptocurrency concepts in areas such as decentralized finance, distributed systems, cryptography, consensus algorithms, incentive structures, and emerging market trends. Investment analysts will have the opportunity to identify, analyze, and due diligence investment opportunities, sharing findings with the venture team.
Research & Reports
- Develop reports on key areas of focus such as cross-chain interoperability, defi, privacy, DAOs, digital identity, NFTs, and more.
- Develop Crypto Twitter and Discord tracking dashboard for sourcing potential investments and other opportunities.
- Design and implement investment pipeline tracking process.
- Take part in due diligence for selected deals, including conducting market, product, technical research, as well as taking notes and summarizing relevant conversations.
- Prepare investment memos articulating investment rationale to support decision making.
- Conduct financial modeling and growth projections for potential investment opportunities.
- Support development of investment theses and strategies.
- Assist in supporting portfolio companies with partnerships, talent, and operations on a need-by-need basis.
- Help set up and monitor investment portfolio tracking process
Operations & Networks
- Manage and be an active member of the crypto community.
- Perform regular landscape analysis of potential funding partners, investors, experts, advisors, academics, technologists, and entrepreneurs, and other related professionals.
- Support expanding and sustaining relationships with individuals and organizations in the company network.
- Strong background in engineering and/or computer science such as BS, MS and deep crypto development experience.
- Highly analytical, adaptable, and organized
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Operational capacities (can get things done)
- Self starters that are inclined to take responsibility
- System thinkers with broad areas of intellectual interest
- Highly competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- Health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Commuting benefits
- Customary lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Opportunity to work with global experts in Web2 and Web3
If interested, please apply here