PropTech1 Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund that focuses on the untapped innovation potential of the real estate industry in Europe, bringing together leading real estate entrepreneurs and companies, serial entrepreneurs from the digital sector, and venture capital experts. The team at PT1 believes that the real estate is facing drastic change after having failed to innovate in the areas of digtialisation, customer focus, as well as ecological and social aspects for decades. Our young and diverse investment team sources, analyses, and invests into some of the most exciting PropTech solutions from across Europe that help shape the future of the way we live, work, and play.
We are looking for a full-time visiting research analyst (m/f/d) to closely work with the investment team and support the wider PropTech1 team, ideally starting in February for up to 6 months. The internship will be completed at our HQ in Berlin, with a flexible home office policy.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
1. Conduct market research and source new investment opportunities
PropTech1 employs a thesis-driven investment approach. We work with our network and use our research to formulate ideas and hypotheses on how technology will change the real estate industry. To formulate a conclusive theory, a large amount of research has to be done in order to fully understand the market segment we are targeting. You will be asked to contribute throughout the process – from the ideation effort, all the way to the final investment theses, which will uncover new and exciting investment opportunities with the help of your research.
2. Understand what is currently moving the PropTech and real estate industry
You will connect with and read updates from, among many others, leading incumbents, universities, and influencers, syndicate the information, and understand the impact this has on the PropTech world. Furthermore, we keep track of legislation and regulation and evaluate the impacts this has on our Industry.
3. Help build THE knowledge leader in European PropTech
As a growing business, we are constantly looking to increase our reach across Europe. To do this, you will support us in external communication through publications and newsletters, visit and coordinate events, and own internal processes and projects that allow us to grow our organization.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are not expecting any particular academic and professional background, as we strongly believe that the VC industry is shaped by individuals with courage and curiosity that would describe themselves as open-minded and love strategic problem solving. We want to create opportunities for everyone and encourage diversity and inclusion.
- You thrive in collaborative teams and believe in joint success.
- You have a high sense of ownership and can work independently – you love optimising and creating new processes that drive ideas towards reality.
- You are happy about your role evolving several times over the course of the internship.
- You seek solutions and don’t wait for instructions.
- You are a critical thinker and constantly develop and work on your own viewpoints.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- You love meeting new people and developing relationships and partnerships.
- You love to network and ideally already have an extensive network that you can leverage.
Sounds interesting? Please apply HERE.