Job Description— US Analyst (Generalist, Recent Graduate) (New York)
Ion Pacific is a venture capital firm with offices in the US, Asia and Europe that primarily focuses on venture capital secondaries investments in the technology sector in the US, Asia, Europe and Israel.
Ion Pacific is differentiated from other venture capital investors by its focus on providing flexible capital solutions to VC funds and technology companies. The firm’s approach of structured secondaries investing is novel in the venture capital industry and has few competitors.
Having raised two funds focused on structured secondaries investments in the technology sector, Ion Pacific is growing its team by bringing on an Analyst for an in-person role at our New York office.
This position is targeted to a recent graduate with a strong academic track record in a bachelor’s degree program and a demonstrable interest in building a career in the venture capital industry.
A computer sciences background would be preferred.
Internship experience in a finance, startup or technology company role will be viewed favorably.
The intended start date for this role is Summer 2022.
Researching and analyzing technology companies and venture capital funds that may be a fit with the firm’s secondaries investment mandate
As part of a small team, assist with all aspects of deal execution
- Screening potential secondaries investment opportunities
- Structuring terms, including through detailed financial modeling
- Assisting with the preparation of investment committee memos, including assessing valuation and prospects for exits
- Completing comprehensive due diligence, which may include coordinating with legal and technical advisors
- Assisting with negotiating and managing legal documentation with transaction counterparties
Transactions will include fund investments, which will require developing a strong understanding of private equity fund terms and structures
Assist with investor relations, reporting and capital raising for future funds
Assist with firm-wide initiatives, including operational and marketing tasks as required
• A Bachelor’s degree, ideally in computer sciences or a quantitative discipline
• A self-starter with a strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines as necessitated by transaction timelines
• Experience with excel and powerpoint
• A proven interest in venture capital investing and a strong understanding of emerging trends in the technology sector
• A willingness to contribute to all aspects of the firm’s business (i.e., no task is too small)
• Must have permanent authorization to work in the US
Please submit your resume and a short cover email describing your interest in the role to USRecruiting@ionpacific.com with subject: New York Analyst (Generalist)