Bertram Capital is a private equity firm targeting investments in lower middle market companies. Since its inception in 2006, the firm has raised over $2.2B of capital commitments. Bertram has distinguished itself in the private equity community by combining venture capital operating methodologies with private equity financial discipline to empower its portfolio companies to unlock their full business potential. This approach is unique in that Bertram is not singularly focused on achieving its investment returns through financial engineering and the extraction of near-term cash flow. Instead, Bertram focuses on reinvestment and technology enablement to drive growth and value through digital marketing, e-commerce, big data and analytics, application development and internal and external platform optimization.
Visit http://www.bcap.com for more information.
Bertram Capital is seeking Analysts, Associates and Vice Presidents to join the firm’s investment team on a new Small Cap Fund. These founding team members working closely with Bertram’s Principals and Partners across a mix of opportunities for new investments. These roles will work on a small deal team and will be exposed to the full spectrum of private equity investing including evaluation of new platform investments, identification and execution of add-on acquisitions, investment thesis development, portfolio management, and deal execution. We hire personable, intelligent, self-starters who exhibit professionalism and exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- 1-3 years investment banking experience (depending on level)
- Undergraduate degree (minimum 3.5 GPA or equivalent) and high ACT/SAT scores
- Fluency with financial statements, modeling and capital structure
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and comfortable managing multiple work streams and projects concurrently
- Interest and aptitude for involvement in portfolio company strategy and operations
- Strong analytical skills, strategic insight, industry perspective and intellectual curiosity
- Self-starter with excellent oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working as a productive member of a team
- High proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
If interested, please apply here.