Reciprocal Ventures backs visionary entrepreneurs who are building the foundational protocols and applications of the decentralized web. We believe capital is a commodity and investors have to be an extension of the teams they partner with. For that reason, we work side by side with our portfolio companies on every aspect of their development, such as token economics, active network participation, and decentralized governance. Reciprocal has supported innovation across all areas of the cryptocurrency space, including some of the top projects in the world like Solana (Seed), The Graph (Seed+), Blockdaemon (Seed+), and Saber (Seed).
This role will join the Reciprocal investment team and primarily focus on early-stage opportunities in DeFi and Web3. The core responsibilities of the position can be broken down into four areas:
- Sourcing – Bring or build your network of investors and founders. Proactively identify new investment opportunities and qualify inbound leads by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Market Research - Identify emerging trends in the DeFi, Web3, Metaverse, and blockchain infrastructure sectors ; leverage domain expertise in these sectors to evaluate new investment opportunities.
- Portfolio Support – Collaborate with Reciprocal portfolio company founders to provide them with unique insight into the broader crypto market based on your research and domain expertise.
- Ecosystem Engagement - Become an active contributor to the cryptocurrency community by organizing activities, participating in local events, developing a social media presence, writing thoughtful content, and proactively looking for ways to help make the Reciprocal brand stronger.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Relentless and insatiable curiosity.
- Passion for blockchain/cryptocurrencies and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to change the world.
- A relevant network to help find aspiring entrepreneurs and unearth exciting new startups.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, product management at a startup/technology business, investment banking, or research. Native understanding of blockchain technology and the DeFi/Web3 landscapes.
- Strong analytical skills and writing ability for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills. A large portion of your time will be spent networking with entrepreneurs and other members of the crypto community on a regular basis.
- An ability to work well within a team while being proactive and self-guided on a day-to-day basis.
How to apply:
Our team is constantly sharing and debating new ideas, and we want to make sure that’s an environment you will thrive in. For that reason, our process begins with everyone submitting an investment idea, thesis, or memo that proposes something we should invest in.
The idea should be focused on either a specific early-stage company in the cryptocurrency space that you believe we should invest in, or an idea or concept that you believe we should build into one of our existing themes or theses.Please email your resume and investment pitch to Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Investment Professional Applicant – [your name]”