Established in 2017, Makers Fund is a venture capital fund focusing on the interactive entertainment and video games industry globally.
A venture capital fund created to support founders by combining deep industry experience with multi-stage investment across Seed to Series B, Makers is dedicated to furthering growth and innovation in the global interactive entertainment industry. In addition to providing capital, Makers Fund adds value to its investees with strategic guidance and access to a wide network.
To date, Makers Fund has invested in more than 60 companies across 7 countries around the world. Makers Fund has presence in US, UK, Japan, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
To learn more about Makers Fund, Kindly visit: http://www.makersfund.com
Some of our recent investment announcements:
About The Role
Makers Fund is a global interactive entertainment venture capital firm focused on early-stage investments. Investment Associates are an integral part of the investment team, helping to form our views on the gaming industry, analysing prospective companies and supporting our founders. This is a high-impact role, working closely with the investment team on all aspects of investing in the gaming industry.
You will have exposure to all elements of venture capital, including:
- New deals: meet entrepreneurs, assess company pitches, and conduct commercial due diligence.
- Investment themes & market research: drive research and analysis to shape investment themes and investigate emerging trends in our industry.
- Deal execution: manage the investment legal process.
- Portfolio support: support founders in Maker’s portfolio
- Network: Build relationships with founders, creators, and thought leaders in the gaming industry.
We are excited by candidates with demonstrated curiosity and passion for:
· Video games, the gaming industry and the future of entertainment and the internet – We love talking about games!
· Commercial due diligence of gaming or consumer businesses
· Experience leading strategy projects for gaming or consumer companies
· Start-up or game industry experience
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree holder with at least 5 years experience and a high-performing track record at investment banks, consulting firms or strategy and corporate development roles at gaming/media companies. (Candidate with less than 5 years experience might be consider for junior position)
- Commercial due diligence, Strategy projects for gaming or consumer businesses.
- Solving challenging problems with rigorous independent research and a strong analytical skillset.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize workload and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active, mature, well-organized and an excellent team player.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- An entrepreneurial, independent, and driven approach to work.
- Aptitude for applied analytical thinking, comfortable with financials.
- Being comfortable critically thinking about and researching new problems/industry areas.
*Makers Fund is committed to upholding fair employment and hiring practices.
· Competitive salary
· Annual leave / PTO policy
· Comprehensive private health insurance, including dental and vision care
· Phone allowance
· Health and Wellness allowance
· Flexibility with remote working over time
· Opportunity to work with a Global team (US, Europe, Asia)
· Be part of the rapidly growing video games and interactive entertainment industry
If interested, please apply here.