Built on 28 years of climate technology experience, Voyager Ventures invests in exceptional technology companies creating the foundations of a new, decarbonized economy. We are a team of experienced investors, founders, company-builders and policy makers who know how to invest and build for scale. Since 2015, Voyager’s founders have invested in more than 25 early-stage climate technology companies in North America and Europe. We bring our expertise, experience and networks to accelerate the success of ambitious early-stage founding teams in North America and Europe, investing in deep tech, biotech and software companies driving decarbonization worldwide.
Launched on Earth Day 2021, Voyager is currently investing out of two funds and is based in San Francisco and New York.
About the Role
We are a small team accustomed to getting things done. To move even more quickly, we seek a Senior Analyst to support Voyager’s investment work, internal fund administration, and Voyager’s growing portfolio of early-stage climate technology companies.
Location: Flexible / Remote. Preference for SF Bay Area, NYC or Boston.
- Support the full lifecycle of Voyager’s investment work from origination to close.
- Post-close, support and accelerate the success of Voyager portfolio companies.
- Publicly represent Voyager in the media, at events, and with Voyager partners.
- As needed, support internal operations and fund administration.
Investment Origination and Support
- Market research: lead primary analysis on market trends, emerging technologies, competitive landscapes, and regulations.
- Deal screening: review inbound investment proposals. Call + meet with prospects, gather research and manage documentation throughout deal lifecycles.
- Accelerator and incubator relationships: manage Voyager’s relationships with top innovation accelerators and incubators in North America and Europe.
- Originate potential investments through proactive conversations with founders, academic institutions, incubators, fellow investors, and overall network in North America and Europe.
- Competitive analysis: research and meet with target company customers, competitors, investors, and references.
- Research and meet with industry and technical experts.
- Support investment memo preparation.
- Support valuation analysis through research and modeling.
- Support all aspects of deal documentation and closing.
- Post-close: support and accelerate the success of teams across the Voyager portfolio with specific research and analysis.
- Represent Voyager in the media, at events, conferences, pitch competitions, with founders, fellow investment teams, academic institutions, governments, non-profits, and other Voyager partners.
- Create a personal network of fellow investors, portfolio founders, and fellow travelers focused on climate technology.
- Build a personal brand in climate tech investing alongside Voyager.
- Assist in all aspects of investor relations, from climate impact calculations to correspondence with Voyager’s Limited Partners.
- Assist with fundraising.
- As requested, assist with fund administration and operations.
- Analytical or scientific degree from a top North American or European university.
- Two to four years of experience in financial services (VC, PE or investment banking), management consulting, or corporate development. The expected time commitment for this role is at least years.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills. Experience with cash flow modeling and venture valuation techniques.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to produce polished presentations for publication, internal use, and investor relations.
- Curiosity. Flexibility. Positive, proactive, and self-motivated approach.
- Commitment to climate stabilization and genuine excitement regarding emerging climate technologies.
If interested, please apply here.