Backed by institutional early-stage investors and industry insiders, Allocate is a turnkey platform that eliminates the guesswork and friction of venture investing. Allocates offers a bespoke end-to-end experience to investors whereby highly vetted premium venture opportunities are presented based on specific investment objectives.
With nearly 50 years of venture capital advising and investing experience, the Allocate team has worked closely with over 1,300 fund managers and limited partners over the past 14 years. Before launching Allocate, the team previously had tenures at SVB Financial Group, SVB Capital, First Republic Bank, Kauffman Fellows, Fairview capital, CircleUp, and Vistaprint.
The Allocate venture associate role shall work on all components of fund due diligence, market research, development, and presentation of thought leadership reports and assist the broader Allocate team on various platform building activities.
Job responsibilities (not to be limited to the following):
- Independently lead quantitative and qualitative diligence on funds and co-investment direct deals.
- Sourcing and vetting of new opportunities for the platform.
- Conduct ongoing active portfolio management, including frequent and direct interaction with fund investment managers.
- Building strong and meaningful relationships with fund managers that are on the Allocate platform.
- Present and vote on investment recommendations at the Allocate Investment Committee.
- Independently attend fund manager and Allocate investor meetings.
- Actively lead efforts of content creation and presentation of industry/trend reports and white papers.
- Conduct continuous reviews of investment processes, portfolio management practices, decision modeling to enable consistent improvement and scale.
- Developing and ensuring that investment policies, practices, and processes are consistent with regulatory and financial mandates.
- Manage and actively develop junior diligence staff members.
- 7-10+ years of experience working within venture capital, with a strong analytical background. (We are open to the candidate’s past work history to the extent it demonstrates a highly developed skill set related to investment underwriting and management).
- Deep understanding of private and public capital markets and strong domain expertise within venture capital and private equity.
- Robust analytical skills across quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate highly effectively with internal and external constituents of all seniority levels.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead and manage complex initiatives, tasks, and teams.
- Undergraduate degree
Our values and culture that our candidate must have
- Commitment to extraordinary client service. Without compromise, we are dedicated toward offering white glove service to our partners, clients, and each other.
- Humility: We have done nothing tomorrow, and as such our successes or failures are all learning opportunities to improve.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity: Every day is an opportunity to improve our knowledge and skills.
- Comfort with discomfort: We continually push ourselves to grow by taking on new challenges, however difficult they may be.
- Hustle: We are passionate about our drive to create financial inclusion within the private technology markets. This isn’t easy to accomplish and it requires a true start-up mentality day in and day out.
- Integrity and Trust: The foundation of our business is trust and integrity, and everything we do must align with always making decisions based on doing the right thing for all of our partners with the long term in mind.
Email email@example.com to express interest, and please attach the following
- In the title, include the position you are applying for.
- A brief description of why you would be a good candidate.
- Attach current resume or similar CV.