We are hiring!
As a refresher, we founded Allocate with the simple mission of making investing in top-tier private alternatives within the innovation sector (technology and life sciences) accessible for a broader set of investors.
We believe that the mark of healthy and efficient markets requires the financial inclusion of all qualified market participants.
However, despite significant demand, investing in private technology-focused alternatives is more complex than ever as discovery, investment diligence and selection, access, and deal execution all serve as substantial roadblocks.
With Allocate, investors can find, invest (through Allocate SPV feeders), and track highly vetted opportunities through a turnkey digital platform.
Exceptional research and diligence is the bedrock of our company as it’s essential that we consistently bring the most highly diligenced and differentiated products to investors. Additionally, we strive to offer the type of education and thought leadership that allow for responsible and informed investing (private investing in technology is idiosyncratic and should be done very carefully with facts!).
To help us grow (we’ve completed 12 investments through our closed beta), we are expanding our research and diligence team. We prefer candidates in the Bay Area; however, we are open to candidates located anywhere in the United States.
We are well funded by a fantastic set of investors and are excited to forge the next era of private market investing!
Managing Director – Investments and Research
Job Responsibilities (not to be limited to the following):
- Independently lead quantitative and qualitative diligence on funds and co-investment direct deals.
- Sourcing and vetting of new opportunities for the platform.
- Conduct ongoing active portfolio management, including frequent and direct interaction with fund investment managers.
- Building strong and meaningful relationships with fund managers that are on the Allocate platform.
- Present and vote on investment recommendations at Allocate Investment Committee.
- Independently attend fund manager and Allocate investor meetings.
- Actively lead efforts of content creation and presentation of industry/trend reports and white papers.
- Conduct continuous reviews of investment processes, portfolio management practices, decision modeling to enable consistent improvement and scale.
- Developing and ensuring that investment policies, practices, and processes are consistent with regulatory and financial mandates.
- Manage and actively develop junior diligence staff members.
- 7-10+ years of experience working within venture capital, with a strong analytical background. (We are open to the candidate’s past work history to the extent it demonstrates a highly developed skillset related to investment underwriting and management).
- Deep understanding of private and public capital markets and strong domain expertise within venture capital and private equity.
- Robust analytical skills across quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate highly effectively with internal and external constituents of all seniority levels.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead and manage complex initiatives, tasks, and teams.
- Undergraduate degree
Email email@example.com to express interest, and:
- In the title, include the position you are applying for.
- A brief description of why you would be a good candidate.
- Attach current resume or similar CV.