The Corporate Development team at StockX is responsible for partnering with our leadership team to develop inorganic growth strategies. These include all aspects of the typical acquisition exploration, execution and integration processes. Our job begins with competitive analysis and landscaping to keep our leadership team apprised of the rapidly evolving ecosystem around StockX. When the optimal acquisition partner is selected, we lead the diligence and negotiation processes and are responsible for partnering with a broad set of cross functional teammates to execute the deal. Once the deal is closed, the corporate development team continues to stay close and ensures that the integration of the acquired entity goes smoothly.
In this role you will be a key part of these processes. We are seeking an individual with strong modeling and valuation skills coupled with sound business judgment and effective communication. Ideally, you are passionate about the current culture products found on the StockX marketplace as well. You will report directly to the head of the corporate development team and play a key role in expanding the impact of the corporate development team.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for bringing the most exciting and innovative companies into the StockX family
- Drive and shape our acquisition strategy by identifying, evaluating, and valuing acquisition/investment opportunities
- Communicate and present opportunities and findings to our leadership team and, if appropriate, our board of directors
- Stay close to and participate in the ecosystem to understand the players and landscape
- Support the leadership team with regularly scheduled as well as adhoc reporting and analysis on internal and external projects as well as board meeting materials
- We are a startup, there will be many opportunities to contribute – candidates should be willing to contribute in interesting, but unexpected ways
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking in the consumer technology industry.
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, Powerpoint or Google Slides, with the ability to make detailed, organized, professional presentations.
- Experience with or knowledge of marketplaces, e-commerce, consumer startups
- Knowledge of current culture products and excellent cross-functional skills.
- Self motivated, results driven, and excellent attention to detail with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills (e.g., experience building financial models and valuing companies).
- Truly excited about StockX and current culture, including some combination of Sneakers, Apparel & Accessories, Collectibles and/or Electronics.
If interested, please apply here.