Backed by institutional early-stage investors and industry insiders, Allocate is a turnkey platform that eliminates the guesswork and friction of venture investing. Allocates offers a bespoke end-to-end experience to investors whereby highly vetted premium venture opportunities are presented based on specific investment objectives.
With nearly 50 years of venture capital advising and investing experience, the Allocate team has worked closely with over 1,300 fund managers and limited partners over the past 14 years. Before launching Allocate, the team previously had tenures at SVB Financial Group, SVB Capital, First Republic Bank, Kauffman Fellows, Fairview capital, CircleUp, and Vistaprint.
The Allocate venture associate role shall work on all components of fund due diligence, market research, development, and presentation of thought leadership reports and assist the broader Allocate team on various platform building activities.
Job responsibilities (not to be limited to the following):
- Lead quantitative and qualitative fund diligence on venture capital funds and co-investment direct deals.
- Write and present fund investment memos.
- Prepare materials for both external and internal meetings.
- Attend fund manager and Allocate investor meetings independently or alongside other team members.
- Assist in creating a quantitative data framework through the collection, data input, management, creating and updating of data models.
- Create and present research industry reports and white papers.
- Draw insights from data to help shape best of breed diligence on funds for the Allocate platform.
- Actively work on tactical and strategic initiatives for the business, including Investor Relations and fundraising efforts.
- 3-5+ years of experience in venture capital or private equity, including work at fund-of-funds, family offices, financial services company, direct fund, consultant, or other relevant experiences that involve private market analysis.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Strong project management skills.
- Very detailed oriented
- High degree of understanding of current venture capital and private equity landscape.
- Analytical (ability to go deep beyond the “numbers”)
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and proactive state of mind.
Our values and culture that our candidate must have
- Commitment to extraordinary client service. Without compromise, we are dedicated toward offering white glove service to our partners, clients, and each other.
- Humility: We have done nothing tomorrow, and as such our successes or failures are all learning opportunities to improve.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity: Every day is an opportunity to improve our knowledge and skills.
- Comfort with discomfort: We continually push ourselves to grow by taking on new challenges, however difficult they may be.
- Hustle: We are passionate about our drive to create financial inclusion within the private technology markets. This isn’t easy to accomplish and it requires a true start-up mentality day in and day out.
- Integrity and Trust: The foundation of our business is trust and integrity, and everything we do must align with always making decisions based on doing the right thing for all of our partners with the long term in mind.
Email email@example.com to express interest, and please attach the following
- In the title, include the position you are applying for.
- A brief description of why you would be a good candidate.
- Attach current resume or similar CV.