Trinity Capital Investment provides venture loans and equipment financings to the portfolio companies of the most distinguished venture capital firms and technology bank lenders in the country. We help startup companies grow their business while retaining more equity ownership for management, employees, and current investors. We are a nationally recognized venture lending platform with a reputation in the market for being professional, proficient, and a valued partner long after the transaction is closed.
We are seeking a highly motivated and well-networked professional to join our fast-growing organization. The Managing Director will champion deals from initial contact to funding and play a critical role throughout the entire investment process at Trinity. The Managing Director will be at the forefront of our success and will manage relationships with key stakeholders including customers, venture capital firms, and technology bank lenders.
Primary Job Functions
New Business Development:
o Establish/maintain relationships with technology bankers, venture capital firms, and private equity firms, as well as growth stage venture capital and private equity-backed technology companies.
o Identify potential new investment prospects, perform initial review of business opportunities and present viable opportunities to the Investment Committee for consideration.
o Evaluate potential investment opportunities including modeling of expected payments and other economic outcomes such as warrants and prepayment fees.
o Assist in drafting initial rating sheets, executive summaries, and term sheets.
o Represent Trinity and negotiate with prospective portfolio company management or venture capital investors, as well as other third parties to finalize a signed term sheet.
o Assist the Due Diligence team with research, conduct interviews of company management, financial sponsors, industry participants, and the company’s customers/clients.
o Serve as the primary interface and deal “champion” for the company’s management.
o Assist the Due Diligence team with the drafting of executive summaries for initial approval, and with Investment Underwriting Reports for final Investment Committee review and approval.
o All senior executives at Trinity may participate in fundraising, investor meetings, and other operational duties to support the company, and are expected to represent Trinity in a professional and “world-class” manner.
· 10+ years’ experience in commercial banking, venture capital, private equity or leveraged finance with a technology industry focus.
· Ideal candidate with have previous experience in a senior sales role where he/she has sponsored deals throughout the lifecycle (deal structuring, pre and post investment portfolio management, etc.).
· Must demonstrate a high level of achievement in deal origination, deal closes and realized investments.
· Ideal candidate will possess a robust network of contacts within the venture capital ecosystem
· Experience in senior debt, asset-based financing, equipment leasing, subordinated or mezzanine debt and/or leveraged buyouts.
· Exceptional analytical, communication, and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker.
· Proficient at reviewing and understanding financial statements.
· Exude confidence when faced with challenges and maintain uncompromising personal integrity.
· Self-motivated and independent, with an ability to prioritize and proactively seek out new developments.
· Strong team player with ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and focus on achieving company goals.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required; experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, international business, or related discipline preferred.
· Travel into primary markets required: SoCal, NorCal, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston.
· Competitive salary and bonus
· Long-term stock incentive plan
· 401K program
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% coverage for employee, spouse and family)
· Education and training
About Trinity Capital Investment
High-growth venture capital-backed companies turn to Trinity Capital Investment as a preferred option for venture loans and equipment financings to fuel their growth and extend their runway. Trinity has worked closely with leading venture capital firms and their respective portfolio companies to offer valuable support, enhanced flexibility and competitive venture debt financing solutions to customers with distinctive needs. The Trinity portfolio includes clients in the software, semiconductors and hardware, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, energy and efficiency, consumer and retail, networking and equipment, and clean technology industries. Having funded some of the world’s most innovative startup companies, Trinity is the partner of choice for venture-backed technology startups wanting an experienced partner to help strengthen their financial position while preserving equity.
For more information, please visit www.trincapinvestment.com.
If interested, please apply here.