Join our team and use your investment skills and leadership experience to help change the world. The Sorenson Impact Center Impact Investing team connects capital to social and environmental solutions and empowers organizations and investors to create positive outcomes and drive sustainable change. Proudly housed at the David Eccles School of Business, we integrate students into all that we do, driven by a mission to train the next generation of impact leaders. We call it “venture capital with vision.”
We are searching for a dynamic leader to help us advance our vision of an equitable and thriving world, where everyone is valued, communities prosper, and the measured impact of our actions guides decision-making.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned investment professional with extensive experience across the lifecycle of an investment deal including designing, fundraising, and launching new funds and financial products. Candidates should have a strong commitment to impact and bring an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to the role, able to envision new products and services, while executing on deals and implementing strategies to grow and advance our capabilities. The managing director should also have a passion for teaching and mentoring, as we work to train and inspire the next generation of impact investing professionals. In addition to well-trained students, the managing director will lead a team of investment professionals managing existing funds and impact investing mandates.
As a leader at the Center and in the impact space, candidates should have an extensive network and strong relationships with key impact investment organizations. The managing director will have extensive opportunities to serve as a thought leader and public speaker as we work to advance our work, the work of our partners, and the future of impact investing.
Utah-based candidates preferred, full-time remote candidates are welcome to apply.
- Oversight of professional staff and students
- Expansion of the impact investing groups activities including developing and fundraising for new funds and new product and/or service offerings
- Industry-wide thought leadership at conferences, publications, podcasts, etc.
- Centerwide leadership as a member of the executive team
- Interfacing with greater Center and University of Utah
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested
- Master’s Degree or higher in finance, business, economics or a related field
- Ten years of progressively more responsible investment management experience
- 10+ years of experience in direct deal private equity / VC impact investing, or LP with direct deal experience
- Experience in fundraising and business development
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel strongly preferred
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The Sorenson Impact Center strongly encourages diverse applicants (please circulate widely), especially those who self-identify as Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, non-binary, living with disabilities, neurodivergent, young, speak English as a second language, and others from overlooked / underestimated communities.
If interested, please apply here.