Pennybacker Capital is seeking a Managing Director / Vice President to start-up, lead and grow a PropTech/FinTech venture investing platform within Pennybacker’s established real estate private equity business. Pennybacker Capital is a forward-thinking, technology-focused, real estate private equity firm that invests in transformational opportunities in high growth markets across the United States. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative leader who is comfortable taking initiative in a fast-paced environment to drive change and build a platform.
General Role Description
- Create business plan, set strategic direction, build investment pipeline, and lead a team to launch a PropTech/FinTech venture platform
- Develop deep relationships with portfolio companies, intermediaries, and other venture funds to generate and assess a broad investment pipeline across both sectors
- Draft PPM/pitch books and aid in capital raising initiatives by building relationships with and presenting to existing and potential Pennybacker investors
- Source, evaluate and execute on investment opportunities from entry to exit. Work closely with other Pennybacker platforms to integrate portfolio companies across strategies and the broader company
- Natural leader who takes initiative and is comfortable executing under ambiguity. Driven to get things done
- Problem-solver that likes change and innovation
- A positive team builder who promotes an open, collaborative environment and puts success of team above own interests
- 3+ years of meaningful experience structuring venture investments and high degree of technical aptitude through investment banking, buyside, consulting and/or start-up experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree (finance, venture capital, engineering or technology background preferred)
To be considered for this position, applicants are also required to take the following steps:
- Email your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the behavioral assessment .