Position: Vice President – PSP Growth (Based in Chicago)
PSP Growth is the venture and growth equity arm of PSP Partners (“PSP”), a private investment firm founded by Penny Pritzker. With its permanent capital base, deep industry expertise and a global network of relationships, PSP seeks to partner with exceptional management to build market-leading businesses across its investment strategies.
PSP Growth is PSP’s venture and growth equity arm, and focuses on investments in high-growth software and tech-enabled services companies that drive efficiency and disrupt the status quo, particularly around two key themes: i) Unlocking the power of data and ii) Transforming and optimizing business processes. Since our group’s formation in 2017, we’ve invested in 17 portfolio companies and are actively seeking to continue deploying significant capital into our innovation economy.
About Penny Pritzker:
Penny Pritzker is the founder and Chairman of PSP Partners and its affiliates, Pritzker Realty Group, PSP Capital and PSP Growth. From June 2013 through January 2017, she served as U.S. Secretary of Commerce in the Obama Administration.
Ms. Pritzker is an entrepreneur, civic leader, and philanthropist, with more than 30 years of experience in numerous industries. In addition to her work at PSP Partners, Ms. Pritzker launched a number of other businesses over the course of her career, which included founding Vi Senior Living (formerly known as Classic Residence by Hyatt), and
co-founding The Parking Spot, Artemis Real Estate Partners and Inspired Capital Partners. Ms. Pritzker is the former executive chairman of the board of TransUnion and is a past board member of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, Marmon Group, and LaSalle Bank Corporation.
Ms. Pritzker is also a member of the boards of Microsoft and Icertis, chairman of the board of trustees of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, cofounder and board chair of Chicago-based civic-tech organization P33, a member of the Harvard Corporation, President Biden’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, Aspen Strategy Group, Aspen Economic Strategy Group and the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum Advisory Council. Ms. Pritzker was formerly a member of the board of the Council on Foreign Relations, the board of trustees of Stanford University, the Harvard University Board of Overseers and founded Skills for America’s Future. Ms. Pritzker also served on President Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness and his Economic Recovery Advisory Board.
Ms. Pritzker earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Harvard University and a Juris Doctor and Masters of Business Administration from Stanford University. Ms. Pritzker and her husband, Dr. Bryan Traubert, co-founded the Pritzker Traubert Foundation, a private philanthropic foundation that works to foster increased economic opportunity for Chicago’s families.
Position Summary. PSP Growth is seeking an accomplished investor who has proven himself/herself in the venture/growth equity ecosystem. The investor will be responsible for sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities, and managing and adding value to our portfolio companies. This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a fast growing and entrepreneurial team, yet supported by the resources and reputation of an established family office. This individual will interact significantly with our esteemed founder, alongside a dynamic and expanding team.
The position is based in Chicago, IL and requires travel. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Deal sourcing: identify opportunities for venture/growth equity investments; connect with entrepreneurs and investors seeking value-added partners and flexible capital
- Investment themes: perform market research to identify future trends and specific industries of interest for venture/growth investments
- Relationship management: develop and maintain strong positive relationships with entrepreneurs, decision makers and influencers in technology and related industries; network with peers in other venture/growth equity firms
- Opportunity screening: call or meet with prospects, evaluate new investment opportunities
- Due diligence: perform detailed evaluation of companies, markets and management teams; develop financial model and valuation analysis
- Deal execution: manage outside due diligence resources; provide support in negotiating terms and managing counsel and legal documentation
- Internal communication: develop and manage deal pipeline; prepare internal investment memos and recommendations
- Portfolio management: provide support and value-add to our portfolio companies; activate the PSP network to help our companies grow and succeed
Candidate Qualifications. The ideal candidate will be an experienced investor with a track record of successful deals and a strong desire to partner closely with family leadership and the family office team. He or she will be a high-integrity, self-driven, resourceful individual willing to get involved with many different aspects of the business as required. Other desired characteristics:
- 3-7 years of professional experience at a principal investment firm (venture capital, growth equity, or private equity). Additional experience in investment banking, management consulting, or a venture-backed startup a
- Experience investing in growing technology/software businesses across varying stages and sectors
- Experience working with and developing rapport with entrepreneurs
- Demonstrated ability to identify and determine future trends for investment opportunities
- Fluency in standard venture terms and concepts; experience with deal negotiation and documentation
- Team orientation, flexibility and a strong work ethic
- Strong quantitative and writing skills
- MBA from top-tier business school preferred
Contact: To be considered, please submit a resume to Kirsten Sullivan, VP of HR at – firstname.lastname@example.org