The Visionaries Club team is looking for an experienced & entrepreneurial investment professional to join and help further build up our recently launched Tomorrow Fund. The Tomorrow Fund invests where others will not. We look for opportunities at the outermost edges of what’s possible and then help build companies that have the potential to change the world with the unfair support of our industrial LP base. Are you excited about technologies that help to end the climate crisis, improve life quality or stop waste? Then read on…
Visionaries Club is an early-stage venture capital fund backed by leading entrepreneurs, such as the founders of Flixbus, HelloFresh, UiPath, Miro, and GetYourGuide, and family business owners, such as Oetker, Bitburger, Henkel, and Fiege. In 2022, Visionaries Club launched the Tomorrow Fund to back science-based founders completely rethinking and rebuilding the fundamentals of the world’s largest industries in radically new ways to move humanity forward.
Your job responsibilities
- Become a full-time member of the Tomorrow investment team: source, evaluate and lead new frontier technology investments, working side-by-side with Partners & our GPs
- Get ahead of the next big disruption: research and build expertise in frontier technology themes, conduct industry analyses, and uncover business models with the potential to address some of the greatest challenges the world faces
- Go hunting for the next frontier tech success story: conduct deep dives and due diligence on deals and evaluate the investment potential of early-stage companies in line with our investment criteria
- Work along with Europe’s leading science-based founders: work with and support the Tomorrow portfolio companies
- Always put our entrepreneurs first: ensure seamless operations, manage knowledge, take responsibility for the interactions
- You are passionate about the Tomorrow Missions: ending the climate crisis, making life better & healthier, and ending waste
- Natural science or engineering studies and/or experience, ideally related to our core frontier technologies such as advanced energy storage, advanced materials, AI/ML, synthetic biology, or advanced medical components.
- Strong network within the European frontier technology landscape including universities, research organizations, venture studios, and entrepreneurship centers
- Investment experience in technology startups and/or scale-ups as a business angel or VC
- Strong structuring and analytical skills (e.g. financial analysis and getting under the hood of businesses in your previous roles) with a background in data being a plus
- A people person who is able to connect and interact with a wide range of personalities
- Someone with a strong work ethic, passion for science, technology, and startups, and who is a self-starter and highly organized
- Fluent in English (additional languages are a plus)
You’ll be a full-time member of the Tomorrow investment team, interacting with the Founding Partners, the Portfolio Team, and the entire Visionaries network as a “co-entrepreneur” in a truly unique environment within the startup community, giving you the opportunity to learn and grow exponentially. Entrepreneurial participation in the fund is a given.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
You can either apply below or reach out to a “Visionary” close to you to get in touch with our team.
Let’s change the world together!