Framework Venture Partners
At Framework, we back the purposeful. What does that mean? Framework’s mission is to build world-class companies that positively impact the world, by supporting founders and teams who are improving the world through technology.
Our model of active capital combines a data-driven investment decision process with a highly collaborative engagement model designed to empower visionary entrepreneurs and CEOs in their mission to scale. We typically invest in series A and series B technology companies with a focus on businesses that reimagine the status quo, solve common problems and improve the consumption and delivery of services. In other words, we invest in creators and disruptors. Framework’s model also looks for opportunities to embed financial products and services, and/ or apply artificial intelligence solutions to large industry-specific datasets.
Framework is a venture fund that goes beyond capital–we become valued partners on the scaling journey, working closely with portfolio leaders to help them achieve their goals. At Framework, we believe the next-generation of startups deserves a next-gen approach to VC. We are committed to growing the venture capital and startup ecosystem through creating unique, widely available tools for all founders and investors to improve the industry, reduce friction and create efficiencies. Framework partners have unique operational expertise and are global leaders. They work across the portfolio providing operational, technology and product, talent and financial guidance to support founders and leadership teams and help navigate challenges on the scaling journey with efficiency and know-how. Every Framework team member is part of that work and has a significant impact on the investments we make and on the firm’s development.
If our mission has piqued your interest, read more about the position below.
Who we are looking for: You will help us create a best in class venture capital platform.
Our team is growing! We’re looking for an experienced Principal (or Senior Associate, based on experience) to join a highly collaborative, growing, data-driven investment fund that is designed to help visionary entrepreneurs and CEOs scale world-class companies. We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology investing and also a company builder.
This is an in-office position, based out of the Austin, TX (500 W 2nd Street) office. We do offer flexible work options based on business needs and demands and you will be required to travel within Texas, other cities in USA, Canada, and Internationally.
The Framework team is made up of experienced venture capitalists and seasoned operators, with a diverse range of skills and expertise. We are passionate about working with entrepreneurs to help their companies succeed, and we value collaboration and teamwork.
You would enjoy the Framework team and culture if:
- You’re curious, especially about technology and innovation trends.
- You’re analytical and will go deep to evaluate businesses and operating models.
- You’re a self-starter with a bias to action, and thrive under pressure and in ambiguous environments.
- You’re overarching inclination is to work collaboratively, sharing your knowledge and learning from others.
- You’re a culture carrier, and want to be a leader and mentor to other members of our team.
- You’re empathetic and humble, and love being in a room with entrepreneurs.
- You’re not afraid of ambition and the commitment needed to realize our vision.
If you would like to learn more about the Framework team, check out our team here (https://www.framework.vc/team).
Your Responsibilities entail playing a key role in identifying and evaluating new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence on potential portfolio companies, and negotiating and structuring deals. You will also be responsible for conducting market research to assess market opportunities and for evaluating potential investments based on financial projections and risk assessments. You will work closely with senior members of the team and will have the opportunity to grow and progress.
Projects you’ll be tackling at Framework: We believe our work is more than just “work”; it’s our passion. This is NOT a traditional position; you will be heavily involved in both deal sourcing, brand building for Framework, deal execution and coaching/mentoring other team members. You’ll wear all the hats of a venture investor.
- Partnering with our data team to source opportunities
- Meeting with entrepreneurs and founding teams and building authentic relationships
- Evaluating investment opportunities, which includes deep dives into the business, market and the people
- Developing investment memoranda and presentational materials for the investment committee as well as other stakeholders
- Working to support our portfolio through creative problem solving and lots of “roll up your sleeves” analysis. Check our portfolio here (https://www.framework.vc/portfolio/)
- Engaging with the ecosystem in a positive and proactive fashion
The minimum skills and qualifications include:
- Seven to ten years of work experience in a related finance role (venture capital, investment banking, private equity, public market investing) with strong preference to prior private equity or venture capital experience
- Experience leading and mentoring junior team members and creating a collaborative environment
- Exceptional financial analysis skills, including proficiency in financial modelling and valuation techniques
- A strong network of startup founders and entrepreneurial individuals
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel/ Google Sheets, ideally with experience preparing financial forecasts, building pro-forma financial statements, reviewing capitalization tables, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering or computer science. Preference for MBA, CFA and/ or CPA