MAC Venture Capital
MaC Venture Capital is a seed-stage venture capital firm that invests in technology startups leveraging shifts in cultural trends and behaviors. We invest in exceptional entrepreneurs building category leading technology companies at the Seed stage. We provide hands-on support crucial for building and scaling category-leading companies, including operations strategy, brand building, recruiting, and mission-critical introductions. Our diverse backgrounds in technology, business, government, entertainment, and finance allow us to accelerate entrepreneurs on the verge of their breakthrough moment. Investing out of its second fund, MaC has $418M in AUM and expects to invest in ~50 companies out of each fund. We invest throughout North America, Africa, and LatAm.
About the Operating Partner role
We’re looking for an Operating Partner to join and support our unique seven person team and growing family of portfolio companies. You will be an indispensable part of the MaC team and have an impact from day one. Not only will you be building and improving on the systems and processes we currently have in place, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing new and alternative ones. You will assist with the relationship management of our most important internal and external stakeholders. As an Operating Partner you will play an essential role in helping MaC take our operations to a world class level. Ideally we’re looking for someone who has had prior experience in this role or in a similar one. This is a non investment role. This individual will have the opportunity to follow a track to eventually becoming the firm’s Chief Operations Officer.
- Portfolio Company Support
- Track portfolio company KPIs, upcoming milestones, operational needs, financial performance & projections.
- Work closely with the GP between a term sheet and investment close. You will manage closing checklists for investments including the wiring and processing of legal documents.
- Manage the process to onboard companies onto our internal systems.
- Managing day to day fund operations
- Implement systems and processes that truly serve our team and LPs.
- Take responsibility for financial accounts and processes in collaboration with the firm’s outsourced CFO, fund administrator, auditors, banks, and legal teams.
- Lead the process for the annual audit and tax preparation including the timely distribution of K-1s while working closely with the firm’s CFO (outsourced), independent accountants, and fund administrator.
- Manage all vendor relationships within our partner ecosystem.
- Implement a system of internal goals that will help each individual on the team become operationally excellent.
- Take a holistic view of MaC, understand our business & founder needs, and frame opportunities and challenges while working closely with GPs to drive strategic priorities.
- Own the HR functionality, inclusive of employee onboarding, benefits selection, performance reviews and compensation planning.
- Manage investor relations with LPs
- Maintain regular communication with updates from the portfolio.
- Understand our LPs: Proofread LP letters, decks, and newsletters; with the opportunity to grow into writing more of our external communications with our LPs.
- Lead and collaborate with GPs during our fundraising process, including taking lead on new fundraising efforts, and communicating ad hoc investment opportunities to LPs.
Who you are…
- 6+ years of work experience, preferably in venture capital, finance, business operations, consulting or law.
- Proven operational leadership and success building processes and infrastructures within firms helping them scale. A strong blend of IQ and EQ in managing team and individual dynamics is required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. A passion for fintech and experience managing P&Ls are preferred.
- Deep project management experience with proven ability to prioritize, manage, and execute upon multiple work streams/initiatives. Comfortable with the ambiguity of a rapidly changing startup environment. Scrappy enough to get things done.
- Experienced in stakeholder management with the ability to partner with and inspire internal and external stakeholders (GPs, LPs, Founders/CEOs, current internal team and other external partners).
- Someone who will have a strong culture fit / add within our team, and the ability to exhibit the drive, energy and ambition needed to build something special with us.
- Entrepreneurial in nature: willing to explore new ideas and innovate, enjoys leading and learning.
- Aspires to be a COO.
- Living in the greater Los Angeles area.
Salary, Perks and Benefits
- Salary and bonus competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Medical, vision, and dental 100% covered for you and immediate family living in the same household.