Investment Manager/Senior Associate
Liquidmetal Ventures Management LLC, Cambridge, MA
$60,000~$108,000/yr · Full-time · Junior-Mid level
1-5 employees · Venture Capital
Skills: Venture Capital, Deal Structuring, Due Diligence, Financial Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Presentations, Team ManagementAbout the job
Liquidmetal Ventures Is Looking For An Investment Manage/Senior Associate To Join The Boston Team In MA.
Liquidmetal Ventures is a newly established venture capital fund based in Boston, aiming at investing in early-stage (Seed, Angel, and pre-A round) in a minority group, particularly deep-tech startups. Liquidmetal Ventures is based on deep-tech start-up communities and has a unique advantage in reaching out to ‘off-the-market’ early-stage deals and cooperating with peer VC funds tightly to reduce the risk.
You will work in close collaboration with partners to develop North America collaboration strategies with multiple business divisions (Biotech, AI etc) that will help bring disruptive and influential start-ups while building a robust portfolio of diverse partnerships and investments that will help drive innovation and future businesses in the near and long-term. This role will encompass a broad range of corporate venturing and innovation activity including sourcing startups to execute projects and investments and working to establish and maintain relationships with external ecosystem partners.
As part of a dedicated Investment team, you would:
• Develop partnering and investment theses for specific technology areas and new business models
• Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscapes
• Manage a leads/deals database to accurately track all companies through their lifecycle
• Source, identify, and analyze new partnering and investment opportunities
• Work with internal teams (domestically and in North America) to facilitate, negotiate and execute collaboration agreements of different types.
• Lead efforts in due diligence on potential investment opportunities
• Develop and prepare investment materials for the Investment Committee that outline the strategic benefits of investment, financial analysis, commercial partnership terms, investment terms, and other relevant information
• Support, engage, and mentor portfolio companies
• Regularly provide updates to executives and key stakeholders on portfolio health
• Cultivate and leverage relationships with VCs and other ecosystem partners to help identify and source investment opportunities aligned with strategic priorities.
• Actively represent Liquidmetal Ventures in the venture capital and greater innovation ecosystem
• Assist in facilitating annual internal and external events
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
• Actively develop skills and career trajectory of junior team members • Recruit new team members as necessary
• Proficient at sourcing, identifying, and triaging new partnering and investment opportunities
• Proficient at facilitating, negotiating, and executing collaboration agreements of different types
• Extensive, referenceable network of contacts in the venture capital and corporate venture capital industry
• Experience leading deal due diligence processes, managing teams of functional contributors thru diligence processes
• Positive track record for venture deals
• Clear, strategic thinker
• Understanding of current and emerging trends in life science&biotech and AI
• Superior financial/data analysis skills and acumen
• Deal negotiation experience
• Prior experience in the healthcare industries beneficial
• Clear, strategic thinker
• Proven success managing people and projects, working across teams, and driving performance in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to build relationships of trust and manage professionals in both direct and indirect reporting capacities.
• Presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across audiences at varying levels of the organization
• Detail orientated with the ability to quickly identify issues and pro-actively develop a recommended plan of action to address
• Self-starter with the ability to streamline executive decision-making and effectively manage concurrent projects and teams
• Able to travel 10% of the time (domestic mainly)
• Familiarity and passion for innovative technologies, platforms, and business models
• Must be a self-starter, solutions-oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (especially PowerPoint) • Chinese mandarin language proficiency is highly beneficial
• The location of the position is in Cambridge, MA.
What We Offer
• Generous paid Time Off including Vacation, sick and abundant holidays
• A Global Environment that fosters diversity
• Competitive Salaries
• Flexible work hours, and hybrid work schedule options
• Mentorship and supportive work culture
• Fast learning curve guaranteed
• Higher rank position & future rewards
• Master’s Degree in a technical discipline required
• 2+ years of relevant work experience(Intern included) required
• MBA, strategic consulting, or startup experience preferred
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
• Candidates applying for positions with Liquidmetal Ventures must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
• Liquidmetal Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.