Investor at VMG Catalyst
New York / San Francisco
VMG Catalyst is a venture capital firm that invests in technology that supports consumer businesses. The firm believes that innovative software and technically advanced supply chains will be the differentiating factor behind the next generation of iconic brands and retailers. VMG Catalyst leverages its access to the consumer ecosystem through the VMG Partners franchise, which was founded in 2005, to identify acute pain points and help software founders prioritize their product roadmaps. VMG’s large network and strong track record of scaling consumer brands provides the Catalyst team with a unique investment perspective grounded in industry experience, and allows them to facilitate connections between brands, retailers and emerging technology companies.
We are excited to kick off a search for a new member of our VMG Catalyst investment team in our SF or NYC office. As an investor, you will have the opportunity to be an early team member of a new strategy with a lot of exposure to senior investors and play a large role in shaping VMG Catalyst. For strong performers, this can be a career-track position. Responsibilities will include supporting Partners and Principals through the entire investment process, from sourcing new opportunities through initial deal evaluation, execution and post-investment.
Please introduce yourself through an email to email@example.com and include your resume, preferred location (SF/NYC), and 3 companies that you’re interested in and why (this can be in whatever format you want and however short or long). We will consider applications on a rolling basis with the deadline for applications due August 15, 2022.
- Lead market research efforts to identify market trends and potential investments
- Evaluate potential investments through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Develop relationships with VMG’s ecosystem (portfolio companies, founders and operators or consumer and software companies, other investors, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience and best-practice training at an investment bank, consulting firm and/or 1+ year(s) in venture capital/growth investing
- VMG also considers experience at a start-up within consumer internet or enterprise software relevant. Candidate should bring very applicable operating experience and/or strong network from their operating time that directly contributes to the VMG Catalyst ecosystem
You’re a good fit if you:
- Exhibit exceptional critical thinking and present conclusions/findings through written and oral communication skills which includes strong attention to detail
- Are ambitious, analytical, intellectually curious with extremely strong work ethic
- Work with a team-first mentality
- Enjoy dynamic gear shifting and multitasking