At Caffeinated, we invest in exceptional entrepreneurs building category-defining companies that enable wealth creation and economic mobility, make people’s jobs easier, grant access to better health, make us safer, and beyond.
We are excited to announce that we are growing: we’re looking for two investors to join our early-stage investment team to manage Scout Fund IV (San Francisco) and Scout Fund V (New York City). Each will be responsible for investing $10M into 20 startups at the inception stage over the next two years. Like the Scout Fund III manager, you will:
- Cultivate unique deal flow and a world-class network. We will complement your existing network with serious access to founders and executives at exceptional startups like Varda and Aven, as well as angels who were first checks in companies like Anduril and Stripe.
- Learn what makes exceptional founders and startups tick – from seed to IPO and beyond. You’ll see their progress and challenges in real-time – from recent breakouts like AgentSync and Aven to pre-IPO companies like Airtable and Divvy Homes – and identify inflection points that merit doubling down on investments.
- Build your own investment track record by sourcing and investing in startups alongside other top-tier investors. Scout Fund III includes Astral (Accel), Decrypt (Curie), Federato (Emergence), Ganymede (SciFi), Hadrian (Founders Fund), and Polywork (a16z). Scout Funds I and II include Anchorage, Aven, Bitwise, Clipboard Health, Dapper, Deel, Divvy Homes, dYdX, Loft, Mercury, Notion, and Pulley. The Funds are currently generating a blended gross MOIC of 7.7X.
This role might be a good fit if you:
- Breathe Caffeinated’s core values. You hustle, move fast, have good taste, listen, learn, and are humble. We try to embody these values rigorously and expect you to do the same. We believe that past performance is not indicative of future results.
- Have 2-4 years of experience working at a startup or tech company. You know what moving fast while building great technology looks like, can empathize with how hard it is to build from zero to one, and have sound opinions on what makes a company great.
- Bring an existing network (e.g., ex-Stripe, ran the Georgia Tech Programming Team). Because you put other people first, are solutions-oriented, and deliver real value to teammates, you have built a sterling reputation in an ecosystem you can call your own.
- Work well independently. You have an ineffable curiosity for technology and people and a desire to win in the right way. You are willing to say no when everyone else is saying yes, and yes when everyone else is saying no – and can explain why.
As our partner, we will work directly with you and impart everything we’ve learned. We will help you get to where you want to be next, as we do with the companies we invest in. After your two-year run, we imagine your possibilities are limitless: you could join our Seed Fund, start a startup, join a portfolio company, start your own venture fund, or become a General Partner at another top-tier fund. You could do something else exceptional – something category-defining.
We can’t wait to meet you. Please apply here. Applications are due by the end of the day, April 30th.