2023 MBA VC Associate Program
Who We Are: Vanterra Capital is a leading private equity investment firm that develops specialized fund platforms. We formed Vanterra Ventures (“VV”) in 2019, a venture capital fund designed to capitalize on the substantial market opportunity in early-stage Health & Wellness while leveraging our team’s successful track record in private equity. We invest across physical products and digital services within Consumer Goods (e.g., food & beverage, vitamins & supplements), Digital Health (e.g., mental health), and Commerce Enablement (e.g., data & analytics). We have a flexible mandate that allows us to invest in Seed to Series C companies.
More importantly, VV maintains a special culture and value set. We value curiosity, transparency, and an ability to roll up one’s sleeves. We strive to be thoughtful and good-natured but are all relentless in our daily effort to build a market leading venture franchise.
Role Overview: Our MBA Associate will work with the VV team out of our NYC office in Union Square. The role is designed to give significant experience across the venture capital investment process, primarily focused on thesis creation, market mapping, sourcing, due diligence, and portfolio support.
What You’ll Do:
- Build Theses: Develop new theses, educate VV on them, and source deals within them
- Conduct Due Diligence: Research and evaluate prospective investments, including qualitative research (e.g., team, competitive landscape) and quantitative analysis (e.g., financial modeling)
- Assist With Portfolio Support: Meet with portfolio companies to understand how VV can best support them and maintain internal tracking models of key portfolio KPIs
- Support Sourcing Process: Proactively source and screen potential companies in which to invest
MBA Associate Characteristics:
- You are a 1st-year MBA candidate in a top tier program
- You are excited about the world of venture capital and startups
- You are passionate and have deep knowledge in a sector or problem space within Health & Wellness (e.g., Digital Health, Commerce Enablement, Consumer Packaged Goods, etc.)
- You have a strong finance background. You are able to build financial models and handle other financial due diligence tasks for early-growth stage investments including valuation techniques
- You feel comfortable talking to entrepreneurs and other investors on behalf of VV
- You are highly efficient, process-oriented, self-driven, and enjoy being in a team environment
Location: You must be able to work in-person at VV’s NYC office 2-3 days per week for Summer 2023. In-semester start will be remote
Ideal Start Date: As soon as possible. Our expectation is a ~10 hour / week commitment in-semester transitioning to full-time for Summer 2023
Compensation: Monthly stipend (exact amount to be discussed)
Application: Please apply via this link