SET Ventures invests in companies with a digital-first approach to accelerating the clean energy transition. We are convinced that to go 100% carbon-free, society must fundamentally change the way in which energy is distributed, stored and used.
Now recognised as a global energy thought leader, we are proud to be Europe’s leading venture capital (VC) investor in energy and even prouder to have invested in category-defining companies such as Sonnen, Instagrid, FlexiDAO and ESFORIN.
We are a small team of 11, combining years of experience in tech, venture capital, energy and finance. We are truly international with American, Australian, Dutch, Swiss and German team members and greatly value diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. Most colleagues work from our beautiful office on the canals of Amsterdam, while one partner is based in Hamburg. To ensure a steep learning curve and fast integration, we expect you to join us up to 6 months and work from our Amsterdam office at least a few days per week.
This role is a great opportunity to join a leading venture fund in ClimateTech and work closely with entrepreneurs and investors that accelerate the transition to a carbon-free energy system.
About the role
Working in venture capital (VC) at SET Ventures means joining a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, where no day or week is quite the same. From day 1 you can contribute by building up knowledge about key trends in the industry and interacting with visionary founders that can drive change in the energy transition.
At SET, there is no limit to how much responsibility you can take on and this can be adjusted based on your level of experience and seniority. We are motivated to support your growth trajectory and facilitate regular mentor meetings with one of our senior partners. As a visiting analyst you will truly become a part of our investment team.
This position is full-time position to join our team for up to 6 months.
As a visiting analyst you:
- Source and analyse investment opportunities through focused research on emerging trends in our industry.
- Perform due diligence by gathering market input, conducting reference calls and evaluating technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities.
- Contribute towards sector research and analyses by developing investment theses and achieving clear deliverables in the form of written reports fit for external publication.
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and other VCs by representing SET in the international startup and investor ecosystem by going to events and sharing knowledge.
We believe the below experiences and attributes form a solid base for this role:
- Intrinsic motivation to tackle climate change.
- Demonstrated passion for technologies and startups.
- Strong academic record, or equivalent work experience in a relevant field (ie. Engineering, Finance, Data Science, Business)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment such as tech, finance, consulting or equivalent.
- Analytical, humble, and pragmatic with a can-do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- A global perspective, foreign language skills and adding to the diversity of the SET team is desirable.
- Fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is not required.
Valid EU working permit is a must.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, based upon experience.
- A great opportunity to become an integral part of an investment team made up of world-class experts in this sector.
- Connect with SET’s extensive network across the next generation of European entrepreneurs that tackle climate change.
- Significant development, responsibility, mentoring and personal growth opportunities.
- Opportunity to participate in internal and external training activities.
- Weekly Monday team lunch and quarterly team activities.
Job application process
Ready to become a part of the community solving climate change? Then apply through Homerun and we will be in touch shortly!
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
If this sounds of interest but you have questions, we encourage you to apply and we’ll provide the opportunity during the process to answer your questions.
Make sure to follow SET Ventures on LinkedIn to learn more about the energy sector!