We are looking for an intern to join our energetic and ambitious investment team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading VC fund based in London.
Location: Soho, London (3-4 days in office per week)
Duration / Start date: 6-8 weeks / Summer 2023
Salary: London living salary
Application close: 12th May
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Work with the investment team and scout for new business, for both direct investment and our growth programme.
• Support our investment team in doing the due diligence of potential investments.
• Assist in portfolio management, by providing support to the management team of portfolio companies, as indicated
by the investment team.
• Alongside the day-to-day investment work, you will be assigned a special project of strategic importance to Pi Labs,
this will be presented as a written report.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will be a great fit for us if:
• You are enthusiastic about the start-up world and want to get involved.
• You have strong research, analytical, critical thinking and thought leadership skills.
• You are a responsible individual who can and is happy to work independently.
It will be even better if:
• You have 3-5 years of working experience in a fast-paced environment and/or a start-up.
• Have had some exposure to venture capital.
• You have a strong passion for technology and an interest in the ecosystem of the built environment.
VALUES & ESSENTIAL BEHAVIOURS
• Positive and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
• Flexible and adaptable (our ecosystem is fast paced and changes rapidly)
• Curiosity and an eagerness to learn and develop
• Resourceful and able to work on projects autonomously
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
• A team player that thinks beyond the deal they are running and is interested in helping colleagues and senior
management build the Pi Labs platform
WHY JOIN US
• We believe in business as a force for good and are proud to empower exceptional founders solving some of the most crucial social issues of our time.
• We’re a small and nimble team on a high growth journey who believe in the importance of embracing failure, learning from mistakes, and iterating quickly.
• We are committed to being supportive and generous with our time, whether it’s giving feedback to a founder or brightening up a colleague’s day. Working in VC can be hard, but enjoyable when working with great people.
• We treat everyone equally and ensure every voice is heard. We encourage everyone to think boldly and share ideas.
• We’re at the forefront of innovation and get a first-hand view of where the industry is going before anyone else.
• We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, so there are lots of opportunities to learn from a range of industry experts who you typically wouldn’t work with.
• We want to advance the agenda of fairness and equality in our sector and are working to break industry stereotypes at every level. We believe the challenges we’re facing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together.
• We have a packed events and social calendar so lots to get involved with!
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We are committed to fostering a culture where everyone regardless of background, ethnicity, or gender feels welcome. If you are excited about this role, but do not 100% meet all the qualifications listed above, we would still encourage you to apply. We recognise that a variety of different skills, strengths, and experiences can add a lot of value to our team.
We are committed to fostering a culture where everyone regardless of background, ethnicity If you’d like to be considered for an internship with Pi Labs, please send the following to email@example.com
• Your CV
• What makes you the best candidate for this role
• A very short description of an early-stage start-up that you would consider to be an interesting investment
opportunity. Tell us who they are, what they do and why you would give them your investors’ money. You get bonus points if we haven’t heard of the company before.
The start-date for this role can be flexible to accommodate the successful candidate, with an ideal start-date in June 2023. We look forward to meeting you!