Nauta Capital is a pan-European venture capital firm with more than €550 million under management and a portfolio of over 50 companies. We’re passionate about backing ambitious companies that share our vision to create global disruptors in large spaces, where technology has had a limited impact.
We have teams in London, Barcelona, and Berlin, and we invest in early-stage software companies with a single global thesis. We have backed technology disruptors such as Onna, Brandwatch, holded, Zephr, and zenloop amongst others.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst Intern (full time) to join our Berlin team starting June/July 2023 for a period of 6 months.
From day one, we offer high and direct exposure to the wide range of tasks within venture capital. You will be involved in all the relevant aspects of investment management work. Furthermore, working for Nauta Capital will provide you with the unique opportunity to gain in-depth insights into innovative, young, and high-growth companies.
An important note on diversity: We strongly believe that diverse backgrounds and life experiences within our team are key to being a successful VC firm. In an ever-changing technology world we need to bring as many different perspectives as possible into our decisions. To achieve this, we are actively looking to increase the diversity of our team in all dimensions.
At Nauta, we are committed to creating a diverse environment where talented people from multiple backgrounds want to come and do their best work. We are proud of our group of 20+ talented professionals from several nationalities and multiple backgrounds. We have neuroscientists, economists, computer scientists, physicists and mathematicians in our team but we feel that we can still improve our diversity footprint. We particularly encourage applications from groups underrepresented throughout the Venture Capital industry.
The role involves working across all aspects of the VC investment life-cycle and gives you full exposure and hands-on experience related to being a future VC Investor yourself.
- Sourcing and screening new early-stage investments and meetings with founding teams
- Assisting with general management of day-to-day deal flow and due diligence process
- Researching particular software sectors and industries
- Helping outstanding entrepreneurs on their path to success
- Generating great returns for the entrepreneurs, our co-Investors, and our LPs
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Start date: June / July 2023
- Internship duration: 6 months, full-time
- Candidate must have EU working rights
- Candidates must be free to work full-time for the duration of the internship
- Salary: Competitive
- Currently studying for or recently graduated from a Bachelor’s/ Master’s/MBA program with a preference for those with a STEM background, but other subjects are encouraged to apply as well
- Experience in either venture capital, entrepreneurship/start-ups, technology industry, consulting, or investment banking is highly valued
- Solid understanding of, and passion for, (nascent) technology and software
- A curious mind and self-starter with distinctive and proven analytical abilities and good organisational skills
- Capability to work self dependently and proactively with great attention to detail
- Fluency in English required