Koch Disruptive Technologies
New visions. New strategies. New products. Capturing tomorrow’s opportunities means embracing disruption and transformation today.
Koch Disruptive Technologies (“KDT”, KochDisrupt.com) is seeking an Investment Analyst Intern to join our team in Wichita, KS. KDT is the venture capital and growth equity arm of Koch Industries, a large, privately-owned business with significant capital strength and liquidity. KDT’s investment mandate is to originate and invest in promising entrepreneurs and disruptive technologies. As a member of the KDT team, you will have a unique window into the 10 operating platforms of Koch Industries while you learn venture investing fundamentals through an apprenticeship model. Your internship will include training on market analysis, competitive landscape evaluation, financial analysis, point of view development and venture deal structuring.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform industry research and point-of-view development in industries that represent the future of the economy
- Assist in financial modeling, analysis, and due diligence with a focus on key drivers and market dynamics for potential investments
- Assist in the preparation of presentations on potential investments for leadership that identify and assess valuation, return profile, competitive advantage, potential synergies, risks, etc.
- Engage with KDT and Koch executive leaders as well as industry leading entrepreneurs
- Assume responsibility for 100% compliance with the laws, regulations, company policy, and industry standards applicable to this role
The Experience You Will Bring
- Eligible for internship starting May 2023 & eligible full-time employment no later than Summer 2024
- Enrolled in a degree or related to finance, accounting, economics, or business-related field
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Self-starter, highly focused, and ability to work independently
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, and ability to think outside the box
- Collaborative, team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About Koch Industries
At Koch Industries, our mission is to help people improve their lives by making and innovating valuable products and services. We have a variety of companies that work in many industries and create thousands of essential products that you use every day. Industry leaders like Georgia Pacific, INVISTA and Guardian, manufacture many of the materials that go into your home. We even have companies who create transformative technology and fuel transportation, like Infor, Molex and Flint Hills Resources!
At Koch, we believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur no matter what role they are in. There are countless opportunities for you to be challenged, have your voice heard and gain real experience within our company.
As a global company spanning multiple industries, Koch Industries continues to transform the way we do business. You’ll be right in the middle of finding new ways to move the world forward. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside experienced analysts to solve real problems and offer insights that benefit society through improving our products and services. In addition to being a contributor on the real estate team, you will be part of a larger intern class at Koch Companies and be immersed in learning about our unique Market-Based Management culture and included in many aspects of our internship program.
Want to learn more?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more information about the Koch Companies.