Investment Intern @Kibo Ventures
We are looking for an intern to join our investment team from March to December depending on your availability. It is a full-time offer based in Barcelona. Your primary roles will be to help the investment team finding and evaluating startups, to support the operations team in reporting tasks, and to contribute with internal improvements.
You will be exposed to a huge range of technology themes and companies, and you will have the opportunity to work in an international and fast-paced environment.
Overview of Kibo Ventures
Kibo Ventures is an early stage VC firm with €300m in AuM across four funds, investing in enterprise software and digital consumer. Since 2012 we have invested in 70+ companies including Flywire, JobandTalent, Carto, Devo, Clarity, Odilo, Defined.ai, Sorare, Capchase, Belvo, Tier, Trucksters, Evernest, Exoticca, Bipi, or Paack. As for our team, we are a group of experienced operators, investors and executives that have been around the startup and tech ecosystem for more than 10 years. Most of our 14-person team is headquartered in Madrid, but also have offices in Barcelona and Lisbon.
Your day-to-day at Kibo Ventures as a Venture Analyst Intern
As an intern, you will primarily:
- Meet with entrepreneurs, understand and assess their technologies and business models
- Research potential investments that will likely require testing products and services, evaluating financial models and understanding their strategies and market trends
- Support the investment team helping portfolio companies as they grow their businesses. This could include analyzing competitors, market opportunities or supporting in reporting matters
- Executing internal projects such as thematic events or process improvements
The candidate we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is excited about startups, innovative business models and emerging technologies. We expect that:
- You are studying or have recently graduated in computer science, engineering or business from a top tier university (technical degree is a plus)
- You are fluent in Spanish and can speak and write professional English
- You are proactive, outgoing, motivated, and want to take full ownership of topics
- Bonus point if you are familiar with the startup ecosystem, new technologies, products and business models
Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Internship Barcelona 2023”, including your resume and answering “Why are you interested in joining Kibo Ventures as an investment intern?”