Illuminate Financial is an enterprise fintech venture capital fund.
We invest in emerging technology solutions used by financial institutions (banks, asset managers, hedge funds, quantitative funds, market infrastructure providers). Our industry partners include some of the largest end users of technology solutions in this space, including S&P, Jefferies, Deutsche Boerse Group, JP Morgan, Barclays, Citi and more.
At Illuminate, we believe there is an ongoing transformational shift in financial services infrastructure. We closely follow the themes that influence this shift, such as the technology drivers (Cloud, ESG, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Crypto/Digital Asset Infrastructure etc.), functional industry trends, and regulatory adoption triggers.
We leverage our extensive formal and informal industry network to validate emerging solutions and connect them with business unit owners and active tech budgets.
For further information on our portfolio companies, please visit: http://illuminatefinancial.com/portfolio/
ROLE: This is a paid part-time internship starting in September. The role is in-person in our New York office, with flexibility to work remotely.
The role will cover all aspects of the investment process and more:
- New investments – Assist with investment processes and due-diligence around making new investments.
- Portfolio – help to support existing portfolio company growth – pipeline, talent, board meetings.
- Industry Partners – work with our industry partners – S&P Global, Deutsche Boerse Group, JPMorgan, Jefferies, Barclays, Citi amongst others.
- Pipeline – support the Illuminate pipeline process
- Culture – Be an ambassador for the Illuminate brand
You will join the Illuminate team of fifteen, including five investors and three partners across London and New York. Our team includes experienced financial markets professionals with backgrounds that include banking (Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Capital One), entrepreneurship (Creditex/T-Zero), consulting (McKinsey, Bain & Co), financial technology (Murex) and extensive investment experience.
- We value interest in enterprise technology
- We value curiosity
- Successful past interns had previous experience from sectors like enterprise tech startups, venture capital, private equity, technology, consulting, legal, buy-side and banking; but past exposure to these sectors is not a requirement
- Internship is a part-time position for 3-4 months with the potential to extend into a full time role.
- Permission to work in the US is required
- Former interns went on to full time roles in venture capital funds, technology businesses and management consulting
This position is ideally suited for a candidate with up to 2-5 years work experience.
This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting young fund in one of the most innovative and fast-growing areas of the financial sector.
This is a paid part-time internship. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis.