Emerald Development Managers
Emerald Development Managers is an early-stage VC firm investing in elite scientific and engineering teams that are solving real problems. Deals are sourced from decades-long relationships with academic research institutions, operating managers, incubators, and like-minded VCs. Emerald’s expertise was developed over 26 years of funding venture capital and commercializing university research while simultaneously gaining invaluable experience founding, building, and operating an industrial unicorn that has returned over $1 billion to investors and still has a current market value over $1 billion. In addition to capital, we bring experience, discipline, critical thinking, financing expertise, and significant hands-on involvement to the companies we support. Emerald’s three main investment focus areas are Clean/Industrial Tech, Health Tech/Bio and Cybersecurity/Enterprise Software.
2023 Summer Internship
The Emerald Summer Internship provides a unique opportunity to learn about venture capital and the financial services industry by working closely with our team. The Summer Intern will gain hands-on and cross-functional experience while working on various projects across our sectors. The role will be in person in our New York City office.
Responsibilities may include:
- Market and trend research
- Drafting materials
- Participation in financial analysis
- Involvement in daily operational tasks
- Other responsibilities as assigned
· The Emerald summer internship is for candidates currently pursuing a college or university degree who are entering their junior or senior year
· Strong record of academic achievement
· Demonstrated interest in the financial services industry and particularly in venture capital
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong analytical skills
· We value curiosity, energy, commitment, collaboration, and a self-starter approach
The 2023 Summer Internship will run from June 12 through August 11.
For job postings in New York City, Emerald is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role. This salary range is specific to the City of New York and considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making salary decisions including but not limited to your skills, qualifications, experience, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The current base wage offered for this role is $15-20 per hour.