Conscience VC was founded with the mission to generate a positive and scalable impact on the world by partnering with technical founders. We are an early-stage investment firm specifically supporting the most innovative and radical scientific ideas that have the potential for positive global impact.
We believe the future vitality of humanity and the economy will depend, to a large extent, upon scientific and technical advances. We see our partnership with founders as a mechanism to more directly commercialize technical breakthroughs and bring them into the hands of individuals.
Some highlights on us:
◆ Closed an oversubscribed $10M debut fund.
◆ Invested in 20+ companies to date.
◆ Have anchored, closed, or helped fill rounds alongside tier 1 co-investors.
◆ Ranked #1 from the Top 5 Emerging Managers selected by VC Guide, and more great reviews from founders.
◆ One of the most followed VC firms.
◆ Content leader in entrepreneurship with 10s of millions of views and 400k+ followers.
The Internship ****
It’s our duty to stay at the forefront of science and propel it further.
Conscience is part of the new age of VC supporting the most innovative and radical ideas that have the potential for global positive impact.
We are looking to bring on a Bio Analyst Intern with a strong passion for early-stage investing, science-led innovation, and working alongside technical founders. This role is an opportunity to evaluate and guide the most modern developments of biotech, health, and wellness.
The role will encompass:
- In-depth research (trends, historical analysis, market mapping, competitive analysis, etc)
- Sourcing companies and cold outreach
- Initial screening of pipeline
- Initial assessment calls with founders to determine fit
- Due diligence support
- Analyzing data, publications, and patents
- Investment memo writing
- Assisting and completing research for founders
- Supporting and updating in-house products
- Supporting processes
- Assisting in quarterly and annual updates
- Thought leadership content
Who We Are Looking For
- You are working towards your masters or PhD ****degree in a sciences or engineering subject (life sciences preferred).
- You are able to commit 15+ hours per week.
- You are research-driven and analytically-focused.
- You are plugged into a startup ecosystem with strong founders in biotech, life sciences, and/or health and wellness.
- You have an ownership mentality, while working well on teams.
- You are obsessed with diving deep into areas of interest to the firm, from landscaping emerging technology, start-up market mapping, interpreting scientific results and publications, and researching public and later-stage companies.
- You have developed your own opinions on certain areas you’re passionate about through meaningful research and exposure.
- You have high EQ, a deep level of respect for founders, and a strong embodiment of the firm’s culture and values.
- You are comfortable being 100% remote, and working with fully remote teams.
- You are based in the US.
- You will be able to engage in this role for at least 1 year, including during the school year.