Capria Ventures is a venture capital firm investing in early-stage and early-growth tech startups in the emerging Global South — India, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Africa. We invest in fast-growing early-stage and early-growth tech startups in sectors including fintech, jobtech, climate, business SaaS, mobility/logistics, agtech/food, and more. Our funds’ investors include Vulcan Capital, IFC (World Bank), Ford Foundation, major family offices, successful entrepreneurs, and institutional investors – predominantly based in the US and India. We manage all of our investments to global ESG standards with a goal of delivering top-quartile financial returns while delivering positive scaled social and environmental impact.
The Role: Working on cutting-edge projects to bring Capria into the next era of global operations
This internship is an opportunity to gain real-world experience and skill-building with a leading Venture Capital firm and our global network of fund managers and entrepreneurs. You’ll be give leadership opportunities to bring a firm into the next era of AI and automation-generated operations. Additionally, you’ll work closely under the guidance and mentorship of the operations team and will work across our global team focused on India, Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America. Capria is seeking a highly entrepreneurial and self-directed individual that is excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup environment.
- Identify, evaluate and support adoption of Generative AI and other SaaS tools for both Capria’s Global South venture firm and Capria’s Global Network of fund managers
- Write up summary of learnings and present to Capria Network VC funds and author external thought leadership
- Support data entry, modeling, and analysis using Capria’s new data management platform (Quantium)
- Support operations team in conducting business review of tech stack and identify tools and other operational improvements
- Work on other administrative, operational, and research projects as they arise.
- Tech-Savvy: Familiarity with latest business productivity software and cloud technologies is a must.
- Curiosity: A track record of being an early explorer and adopter of next generation individual and group productivity tools. Being curious and eager to learn, willing to ask questions, learn new skills and keep up with the latest technologies.
- Attention to detail: Researching digital tools requires an eye for detail. You will need to gather information and requirements, deeply analyze options, and keep thorough documentation along the way.
- Communication Skills: Clear and effective communication skills are essential to collaborate with the team and share your findings. You need to be able to articulate your ideas and provide clear recommendations. You should be comfortable speaking to the team and be able to present data visually.
- Self-motivation: You must be highly motivated and able to work independently as well as proactive, taking initiative to research and identify the best possible solutions for the team.
- Experience in a start-up environment or equivalent: We’re not a large firm – just like us, we’re looking for someone who knows how to get a lot done with limited resources and is looking to be challenged and interested in growing.
- Passion for learning and excitement for working with a variety of people and cultures.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in related field.
Capria Ventures has offices in Seattle, Bangalore, Nairobi, and Washington DC.
Capria is an equal opportunity-employer.
Duration: 6 months (negotiable, with potential to extend)