Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display worldwide. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Ventures is the venture capital arm of Applied Materials, which invests in deep technology companies at all stages of development that promise to deliver high growth and exceptional investment returns. Our charter is to profitably invest in companies that provide a window on technologies that advance or complement Applied Materials’ core expertise and adjacent verticals. Our investments help develop technologies and markets that provide natural extensions to Applied Materials’ core business and stimulate the growth of applications for semiconductor technologies and advanced displays, plus growth into adjacent areas like life sciences, AI/Robotics, advanced manufacturing, energy technologies, and advanced materials.
Applied Ventures is seeking summer intern(s) based in Santa Clara, CA.
- Initiate Market and Competitive Analysis.
- Early lead discovery and pre-screening of companies sourced in market study.
- Conduct business/financial analysis of identified venture opportunities including: Capitalization Tables, Cash Flow, Revenue projections.
- Prepare high quality presentation materials for opportunity thesis development, investment analysis and executive meetings.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA or PhD program.
- BS, MS, or PhD in a Science, Engineering, or Technology discipline is preferred
- Knowledge of following practices preferred: venture capital, management consulting, or technology strategy
- Strong presentation skills and ability to support
$41 – $50 per hour
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and education level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Years of Experience:
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.