At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R30359 Summer 2023 Venture Capital Analyst Intern (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
American Family Ventures (AFV) is a multi-limited partner, early-stage venture capital firm focused on the future of insurance. AFV is investing out of its fourth fund. Limited partners represent over $100 billion in assets and over $25 billion in annual premiums spanning most major lines of insurance. Over the past eight years, AFV has invested over $200 million in 65+ startups with 17 exits. Current portfolio companies include Clearcover, Branch, Wyze, Sana Benefits, Hover, HomeTap, Gradient AI, and many others.
We are looking for exceptional, self-directed, intellectually curious summer analyst interns to join our team. The right candidates come with strong analytical and communication skills and are excited to build a career in venture capital or the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
As a venture capital analyst intern, you will work with a senior level manager on investing activities. This includes interacting with startup founders, performing due diligence for investment such as industry research and financial analysis, and ad hoc firm projects.
- Demonstrated track record of success, including an exceptional academic record (preferably in a quantitative discipline such as business, mathematics, finance, engineering, economics, or computer science).
- Strong quantitative ability and analytical approach to problem-solving. Able to distinguish between strong and weak lines of reasoning.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Highly detail-oriented and a passion for understanding and solving the nuances of a problem.
- Interest in developing expertise in the insurance market.
- Strong desire to build a career in venture capital and investing.
- Prior experience in banking, consulting, or investing preferred, but not required (for MBA candidates).
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience working within a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of developing and managing project work.
- Demonstrated track record of success, including an exceptional academic record (preferably in a quantitative discipline such as business, mathematics, finance, engineering, economics, or computer science)
Additional Job Information:
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.