Alumni Ventures (AV) is a leading venture capital firm that is redefining the way individuals invest in startups in the US. We are on a mission to democratize venture investing by giving everyday investors the opportunity to invest in previously inaccessible startup companies.
AV has raised over $1 billion to date from thousands of investors and is the #1 most active venture capital firm in the US (Pitchbook 2022) We have invested in over 1,000 portfolio companies and have won numerous awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies 2022 in the financial services category and Benzinga’s Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021.
At AV, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive community of investors, entrepreneurs, and teammates who are committed to challenging the status quo and building a better future. With 150 employees and 20 investing teams spread across Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and our headquarters in Manchester, NH, we are growing rapidly and continuously pushing the boundaries of innovation.
About This Role
AV is seeking a smart, driven, and mature analyst to enter the Venture Capital world and join our CEO Services team, AV’s portfolio services platform. This is a paid, part-time position, and university students are welcome to apply.
About CEO Services
We are the CEOs’ partners helping them grow their businesses. We interact with incredible entrepreneurs every day, often face-to-face over video, or in person, learning about their vision and growth strategies, but also their pain points and personal journey.
The CEO Services team leverages our broad community of investors, experts, and university alumni to support our CEOs’ goals. The analyst will support our team with data management strategy, event execution, research and analysis, and portfolio company projects. As part of AV’s culture, the analyst will also contribute to innovation, continuous improvement, and process automation. The analyst will be integrated into our team from day one and invited to attend internal team meetings, portfolio company meetings, industry events, and much more. The analyst position is ideal for people who are interested in venture capital but also in operations, community-building, event planning, and project management. They will have a front-row seat to the tech venture ecosystem.
- Participate in onboarding meetings with AV CEOs and facilitate effective documentation of action items
- Develop an understanding of our community (e.g. Fortune 500 executives, Expert Network, job seekers, CEOs), maintain internal databases, and identify relevant leads to help our CEOs connect with AV’s network.
- Manage internal records of short-form CEO videos, the amplification of social media messages, events, and other marketing tools
- Support events for CEOs to socialize and support each other
- Initiate and contribute to process improvements related to streamlining and scaling the department’s activities
- Communicate proactively and contribute to AV’s iterative and collaborative work culture by sharing successes and supporting departmental goals
- 2+ years of studies for a Bachelor’s degree, ideally from one of our alumni fund universities (av.vc/alumni-funds)
- Passion for venture capital, entrepreneurship and innovation
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Professional customer service skills
- Good executive presence
- Effective networking skills
- Basic project, product & process management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience in business development, B2B sales, account or wealth management, community management, customer success, talent recruiting, or similar — ideally within the startup space or specific experience acquiring enterprise customers
- Multi-tasking & focus on achieving objectives
- Basic understanding of the VC & startup ecosystem
- Ability to leverage online and offline networks
- Basic mastery of project management tools, no-code development & data analytics
- Strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines and overcome obstacles to achieve outcomes
This role can be converted into a part-time fall 2023 opportunity or full time opportunity, based on performance.