Wondering what’s within Danaher? Take a closer look.
At first glance, you’ll see Danaher’s scale. Our 80,000 associates work across the globe at more than 20 unique operating companies within four platforms—life sciences, diagnostics, water quality, and product identification. Look again and you’ll see the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and take risks with the support you need to be successful. You’ll find associates who are as certain about their impact as they are about where they’re headed next. You’ll find the Danaher Business System, which makes everything possible. You’ll also see a company that investors trust—our culture of continuous improvement has helped us outperform the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the past 25 years.
And no matter where you look at Danaher, at the heart of what we do, you’ll witness our shared purpose—helping realize life’s potential—in action. Whether we’re enabling our customers to provide clean water, supporting a life-saving vaccine development, advancing a new instrument for cancer diagnosis, or ensuring product safety, our work helps improve millions of lives.
We hope you’ll see yourself here, too. What you find at Danaher—and within yourself— might just change the world.
Danaher Ventures (DV) is a leading Ventures group in healthcare was formed to fuel the long term growth of Danaher’s Life Sciences and Diagnostics platforms through investments in new ventures. The mission of the group is to identify early-stage companies with disruptive technologies that solve unmet needs in biologic drug R&D and production, as well as challenges in the diagnostics market. Investment selection is completed thorough a rigorous review process, which starts with in-depth market work, followed by due diligence according to Danaher’s best-in-class standard work.
The DV associate will be an Integral part of the team supporting the impact of DV. The individual will contribute to unlocking value from DHR’s portfolio of investments, translating learnings from investments, improve overall processes towards portfolio M&A, operations, portfolio management, and overall strategy to optimize impact of investments on Danaher, including tracking and facilitating open innovation and collaborations. The role will provide broad exposure across Danaher science, technology, and transactional leadership as well as across DV portfolio companies and the surrounding innovation ecosystem. The role will become an expert practitioner of select set of Danaher Business System tools. The individual must bring strong critical thinking skills and attention to details.
- Maximize impact of Danaher Ventures by building processes to track portfolio performance, and strategic alignment, drive strategic collaborations, and support driving M&A actionability.
- Manage DV portfolio quarterly financial reporting, including analyzing portfolio financial performance, authoring quarterly portfolio performance reports
- Lead Danaher Ventures Operations including:
- Manage and Improve portfolio tracking systems and knowledge management tools.
- Organize, document, and run weekly funnel calls, monthly staff meetings, fortnightly investment committee meetings, steering committee, and more.
- Develop and optimize processes for translating learnings and related takeaways
- Design and implement outward messaging strategy;
- Organize and lead compilation of monthly newsletters, quarterly portfolio reviews, annual general meetings, open days, board materials & consents
- Tracking and monitoring monthly KPIs for DHR Ventures group
- Identify lessons learned and Log presentations from ops reviews
- Create DBS materials for deployment into portfolio companies – PSP, Sales funnel management, Launch Excellence, and Visual project mgmt.
- MBA and/or CFA with industry experience in life sciences or diagnostics or consulting firm
- 7+ years of experience at a healthcare consulting or life science VC investment firm in operations roles leading business functions, portfolio operations and analysis, and financial analysis.
- Mature and independent; ability to identify operational challenges, build processes, and address at portfolio or individual company level.
- Ability to synthesize complex datasets into simple messages for dissemination.
- Experience with primary and secondary market research, market landscaping analysis, and knowledge/experience in capital markets, venture capital/private equity, and investment banking is desirable.
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated high integrity and ethics in all dealings;
- Demonstrated self-starter; Highly organized; Clear communicator
- Highly self-motivated and problem solver.
- Continuous improvement Process mindset with knowledge DBS tools is highly desirable
Up to 30% of Travel
Location: Bay Area Preferred, Remote possible depending on location and timezone
At Danaher, we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working Danaher can provide.