About Mighty Capital
Mighty Capital is the go-to Series A venture capital firm for product-first early-growth companies. In 5 years, we have achieved 3 IPOs, 3 Exits and 3 Funds. Founders and other VC firms invite us to invest because we help our portfolio companies sell faster, hire top talent, and initiate M&A discussions, by giving them exclusive access to over 300,000 product managers including Chief Product Officers through a platform called Products That Count. Learn how we’ve helped directly from our CEOs of Amplitude (NASDAQ: AMPL), Bit Discovery (acq by Tenable) or GameOn. We’ve been featured in TechCrunch and produced a founder-first podcast.
Why Will You Get Excited?
In 5 years, Mighty Capital has raised 3 funds which means you would be joining as Mighty Capital exhibits massive growth. You would be part of our inaugural fellowship program and shape it for years to come. In fact, for the right candidate, this could lead to a full-time opportunity at Mighty Capital.
For 3 months, you’ll have an opportunity to dig into market research, create theses, educate the Venture Partners and source the best deals for Mighty Capital to invest in. Your voice will be front and center within Mighty Capital as we dive into the sector together because we are a lean team and as such, we aim to support and learn from each other.
At our core, we are B2B SaaS investors and aim to invest in businesses with the best business fundamentals (team, traction, terms) while also having a contrarian view because we believe the “best product wins”.
Responsibilities will include
- Researching sector and industry trends to identify potential areas of investment focus
- Deal flow creation & encouragement – interface with referral sources such as lawyers, bankers and angels
- Deal flow screening – act as the initial point of contact with entrepreneurs, determine if the investment opportunity meets our criteria, facilitate initial screening meetings
- Deal flow management – know/report which investment opportunities are currently being considered, what stage they are in and communicate with entrepreneurs as they enter and exit the deal flow process
- Presentation preparation – work with entrepreneurs to craft their presentation to clearly present the business case of the potential investment
- Building and maintaining our internal tools & SOPs that support investment and operational processes
What makes you a great fit?
- You are passionate about B2B SaaS innovation
- You have 2-6 years of professional experience in investment banking, trading or sales experience
- You excel at building new ideas from qualitative and quantitative research and distill them into an investment thesis that would drive value from our partnership with Products that Count
- You are entrepreneurial and excited about being part of building the culture and the company, on top of bringing great deals
- You are proficient with tech platforms like Pitchbook, Crunchbase, Airtable, Zapier, Slack, LinkedIn, GSuite, Clara Labs Scheduling, Streak Snippets & Mail Merges
The role is part-time and remote. Mighty Capital believes in the power of diversity. We are committed to building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
How to apply?
If you’re interested, please send an email with subject “Fellowship: <INSERT FULL NAME>” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your resume
- Cover letter
- LinkedIn URL
- Do you require a visa to work in the USA?