Republic Capital is a multistage venture capital firm focused on supporting remarkable founders building a different future. We focus on breakthrough businesses redefining aerospace, the climate crisis, financial services, and digital assets. Our portfolio contains more than 100 leading fintech, deeptech and web3 companies, including Relativity Space, Skyryse, Rescale, Carta, Dapper Labs, Avalanche, among others.
About the Role:
Republic Capital is seeking an accomplished fintech or deep tech investor to take a key role in helping to manage and grow our flagship Venture Fund. The investor will be responsible for sourcing and evaluating new investment opportunities, and managing and adding value to our portfolio companies. This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a fast growing and entrepreneurial team, yet supported by the resources and reputation of a global fintech platform.
What You’ll Do:
The position is based in New York, NY and requires travel. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Deal sourcing: identify opportunities for venture/growth equity investments; connect with entrepreneurs and investors seeking value-added partners and flexible capital.
- Market research & due diligence: Lead end to end research and diligence on companies while having strong conviction. You should have the ability to come up to speed quickly on new industries and trends.
- Relationship management: Establish, manage, and grow personal relationships with entrepreneurs, decision makers and influencers in fintech/deep tech; network with peers in other venture/growth equity firms.
- Deal execution: manage outside due diligence resources; provide support in negotiating terms and managing counsel and legal documentation.
- Portfolio management: provide support and value-add to our portfolio companies; activate the Republic network to help our companies grow and succeed.
Our ideal candidate
- 4-7+ years of experience at a principal investment firm (venture capital, growth equity, or private equity) is required. Additional experience in investment banking, management consulting, or a venture-backed startup is helpful.
- Experience working with and developing rapport with entrepreneurs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and determine future trends for investment opportunities.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including financial modeling, and cap table analysis; experience with deal negotiation and documentation
- Team orientation, flexibility and a strong work ethic.
- Strong quantitative and writing skills
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly wellness stipend up to $200, quarterly swag bonuses, free lunch for anyone in the office, equipment stipends for eligible remote employees, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.