OVERVIEW OF INVESTMENT DIRECTOR ROLE
Investment Directors will work with colleagues to help clients meet or exceed their investment objectives. Investment Directors work within a team-based structure, with Managing Directors, Senior Investment Directors and associates.
This position involves developing appropriate financial and investment goals, asset allocation policies, and investment manager structures. Investment Directors also conduct due diligence on investment opportunities, select and recommend appropriate managers for investments, and evaluate performance of individual managers and total portfolios.
There are opportunities to oversee and participate in all aspects of client projects, including performing analytical tasks, developing recommendations, supervising investment associates, and developing presentation materials. Investment Directors assume significant individual responsibility on client relationships, including direct client interaction and presenting recommendations directly to clients.
Investment Directors work in one of three primary practice areas: Endowments & Foundations, Pensions, and Private Clients.
- Create and develop diversified portfolios to enable increased returns and lower volatility consistent with time horizon, risk tolerance, and income needs to client
- Conduct analyses, prepare materials and direct clients on investment and financial issues; lead and coordinate ad hoc client requests
- Work with and present directly to clients; develop relationships with clients, including Investment Committees, CIO/CFO of client institutions, outside advisors, etc.
- Select and evaluate investment managers for virtually all asset classes, including alternative assets such as venture capital, private equity, hedge funds, real estate, timberland, and oil & gas
- Represent Cambridge Associates externally through marketing presentations, conferences and other business development opportunities
- In-depth orientation and training program and structured mentorship program, which partners Investment Directors with senior-level resources to support development
- Team-based work structure, which supports an environment where immediate contributions can be made; and ongoing learning is encouraged and fostered
- Ability to attend meetings with top-tier investment managers; broad exposure to asset classes and strategies
- Opportunities to work with and meet colleagues across our global offices
- Opportunities to join networking groups to help shape our community and promote corporate citizenship
- BA/BS required. An MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- Appropriate investment knowledge and experience, gained from work at an investment firm or a large institutional investor, or a family office
- Demonstrated investment knowledge and analytical skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or restriction now or in the future
OUR CLIENTS, CULTURE & PEOPLE
Cambridge Associates is a global investment firm and aims to help clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios. We believe our clients come first. Our clients are the most compelling endowments, foundations, pensions, private clients and institutional investors around the globe. Ours is a long-term business with long-term client relationships. We bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve.
Cambridge Associates believes culture is central to your success and ours. We believe in a vibrant, values-driven culture that is supportive, inclusive, and diverse. Here, we celebrate the individual while we support global connectivity. At Cambridge, collaboration wins, kindness matters, and your success is our priority. We foster an inclusive and diverse environment that enables all individuals to engage and bring their full selves to work. By leveraging your unique skills, developing your individual career goals, and building a collaborative global community of connected, diverse individuals, we build a community that is stronger together.