Valor Equity Partners
Valor Equity Partners is an operational growth investment firm focused on non-control and control investments in high growth companies across various stages of development. For decades, we have served our companies with unique expertise to solve the challenges of growth and scale. We partner with leading companies and entrepreneurs who are committed to the highest standards of excellence and the courage to transform their industries. Our values are core to all we do. Those values are excellence, humility, integrity, and responsibility.
At Valor Siren Ventures (VSV), our mission is to source, select, and serve exceptional founders, entrepreneurs, and companies making the world a better place in the food and retail sectors, with a focus on technology and sustainability. Differentiated by anchor investments from Starbucks, Nestlé, and a suite of Fortune 300 food and retail organizations, VSV adds value to our portfolio companies by applying the intellectual capital of Valor and accelerating growth through our operations team and network of strategic investors.
VSV is seeking an Associate to join the Operations Team. This role will be responsible for:
- Project managing engagements between Portfolio Companies and select partners
- Owning the cadence and content for meetings with Strategic Investors
- Supporting the development of internal systems and processes that enable our team, Portfolio Companies, and Strategic Limited Partners to partner
- Supporting the development and maintenance of online tools and events to build and foster a community among our Portfolio Companies
- Managing the development of internal and external deliverables and content, with a focus on PowerPoint presentations and communications
- Conducting research projects to support the Operations Team and our Portfolio Companies
- Candidates should be located or willing or relocate to Seattle, Washington. Our offices are currently open and operating. All team members are expected to come into the office five days a week and travel 20%+.
VSV is pioneering a new approach to early-stage Venture Capital. Everyone on our team is enthusiastic to build new systems and processes that help our team, Portfolio Companies, and investors thrive. Candidates should be comfortable navigating a fast-paced, fluid environment that spans our Portfolio Companies and strategic investors.
- 3+ years of work experience at a high growth startup, top-tier consulting firm, or investment firm within Strategy, Business Operations, Sales, and/or Product Management
- Expertise in storytelling through PowerPoint presentations and communications materials
- Passion for supporting cutting-edge, early-stage companies in the food and retail sectors
- Self-motivated team-player with a relentlessly positive attitude and instinct to respond to team needs
- Organized and detail-oriented project manager who can stay on top of complex projects
- Articulate and thoughtful communicator that can turn complex ideas into easy to digest deliverables, presentations, content, and communications
- Strategic thinker who naturally pioneers creative and tactical solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguous problems and assignments
- Demonstrated passion and ability to build frameworks, processes and tools
- Relationship builder with a strong, low-ego working style that can collaborate and support across all levels of an organization
If interested, please apply here.