United Talent Agency, a leading talent agency based in Beverly Hills, CA, is seeking an Associate to join its venture investing team. The Associate will manage investments and internal processes for UTA.VC, the agency’s leading venture capital platform. With a robust portfolio of early and growth-stage companies (e.g. MasterClass, Pietra, Patreon), UTA.VC is seeking a detail-oriented and driven Associate passionate about tech businesses relating to the future of entertainment, creator economy, and frontier technology.
The salary range for this role is $110,000 to $130,000 commensurate with experience and skills.
What You Will Do
- Diligence – Qualitative and quantitative analysis of prospective investments. This includes creating financial models and projections, conducting cohort analysis, market sizing, analyzing unit economics, building underwriting and return models, testing tech tools, and conducting customer references. Synthesizing information and insights into presentations and investment memos
- Research – Research and prepare presentations related to industries we are exploring as a firm, helping find new areas aligned with our thesis
- Internal Operations – Oversee and maintain the accuracy of the investment deal flow database. Identify opportunities for internal process improvements, including vetting new tools. Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure that investment deals have the necessary reviews, diligence, and approvals
- Platform and Ecosystem Support – Work with portfolio companies to add value and streamline opportunities across the agency. Attend tech, startup, and venture capital related events, building a robust network and representing UTA.VC
- Support Senior Members of Investment Team – Identify and evaluate emerging startups through pitch decks and initial screening calls with founders. Outreach to promising companies that fit themes and trends we identify. Special projects as needed.
What You Will Need
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, management consulting, private equity, and/or working at a high-growth startup
- Exceptional financial modeling, due diligence, and valuation experience with the ability to synthesize complex information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it effectively
- Highly proficient technical skills with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills: can effectively communicate an opportunity or position to a wide variety of stakeholders including founders, investors, accounting, legal, celebrity clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Grit: a self-starter who loves what they do. They never give up. They can think creatively about market opportunities and push hard to achieve their goals.
- Passion: a love for media, technology and culture. They follow tech leaders on social media, subscribe to multiple newsletters and attend in-person events. They wake, eat, sleep venture and then repeat it again the next day.
- Detailed and Organized: effectively tracks and follows-up on all facets of the role including key projects. Comfortable taking a lead and direction without 100% of the information or in an ambiguous environment.
- Fearlessness: we have a culture of healthy debate. We want you think deeply about our business and share your opinion. If you are just “holding the space”, this is the wrong place for you.
- Consensus Building: there are many types of “leaders”. We are looking for someone who can quietly influence and persuade their colleagues to take action. We believe the best leaders can activate and motivate without a title that screams “do as I say”.
UTA unites ideas, opportunities and talent. The company represents some of the world’s most iconic, barrier-breaking artists, creators and changemakers—from actors, athletes and musicians to writers, gamers and digital influencers. One of the most influential companies in global entertainment, UTA’s business spans talent representation, content production, as well as strategic advisory and marketing work with some of the world’s biggest brands. Affiliated companies include Digital Brand Architects, KLUTCH Sports Group, Curtis Brown Group, and MediaLink. UTA is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, New York and London.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.