Transpose Platform Management (https://www.transposeplatform.vc) is a venture capital firm in San Francisco focused on global networking and an alternative asset management platform providing reputable institutional investors with access to top-tier investment opportunities via syndicated deals.
Since its founding in 2015, Transpose Platform has been driven in its core belief that our people and our culture matter. We’re proud to say that Transpose Platform is one of the more diverse venture firms, as it was founded by two immigrants of color. The investment team has grown and is now 50% female and more than 90% minority. At Transpose, diversity isn’t just a priority, it’s who we are.
What our diverse team has in common is a shared drive in our core values. We are highly collaborative. We exhibit integrity in our work. We take responsibility for our actions. We are self-aware of our strengths and weaknesses. We care for our fellow employees and our clients. We value initiative and strategic thinking. And we foster career development and welcome fresh ideas within this dynamic venture industry.
This candidate will have an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of both direct investment and fund of funds venture capital asset classes. He or she will have the opportunity to access our extensive network of and relationships with various market participants. We are both VC and FoF with direct and indirect investments in 1,000+ companies.
- Conduct due diligence on funds, primary, and co-investment (syndicate) limited partnership investment opportunities across an array of VC fund types, companies, geographies and strategies
- Assist in performing analysis on data related to managers’ track records and client portfolios
- Assist in writing investment memos and due diligence and audit
- Assist in tracking when companies or managers are fundraising. Developing a sense of the market landscape and players
- Assist team in preparing a variety of documents and presentations including investor updates, memos, proposals, webinars and presentations in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Perform in-depth industry research. Help build out financial modeling and competitor analysis of companies
- Help manage our investment pipeline process
- Review VC fund offering materials, quarterly reports and accounting records for various data points
- Support the GPs in all aspects of fundraising, strategy, marketing, legal and portfolio construction
- Support marketing efforts by organizing events and assisting in producing marketing materials
- Assist the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers with projects and initiatives
- The candidate will have an opportunity to work with some amazing Y Combinator partners and the earliest engineers of Google.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of working experience in a high growth start-up, consulting, or investment banking is required.
- Previous operating experience in high growth startups is required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering degree and Management Science preferred
- Demonstrates high integrity and strong work ethic
- Passion for coding and applying algorithms to the Venture Capital asset class
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions
- Experience with cash-flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to communicate and provide direction to our investors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a team player
- Ability to work weekends and evening when necessary
Location and Start Date
This is a remote position that reports into our San Francisco headquarters.
We would like this position to start ASAP.
You will receive a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience.