Techstars operates 50+ Accelerator programs around the globe, and we are looking for a Sourcing Associate to join our NYC Program. We source globally each year to accept 10-12 startups into our program. The Sourcing Associate will work closely with our Investment Associate Christine Hong and Managing Director KJ Singh. The Sourcing Associate will primarily assist the Investment Associate with identifying and sourcing startups globally during the application process and completing market research within various industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Investment Associate with identifying, sourcing, and screening startups globally for our spring NYC program that starts in March 2023
- Work with the greater Techstars team to utilize tools and resources to gather relevant data throughout the company screening process
- Conduct market research
- Help as needed with Techstars sourcing events
- Part-time availability, approx 15-20 hours/week, Remote
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on entrepreneurship, startups, venture capital, or consulting
- Basic understanding of marketing CRMs and lead management, market research, due diligence, and investment experience – a plus
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- Fits the Techstars culture (give first, people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Authorized to work in the United States
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with a market cap of $8.1 billion.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.