SK Telecom Americas
SK Telecom Ventures (SKTVC) is the venture investment arm of SK Telecom, the largest mobile network operator in South Korea. SKTVC’s core activities includes venture investments and corporate development. Area of strategic interest’s spans across a broad spectrum of core technology segments – AI, Metaverse, Infrastructure, Communications, Security and more.
SKTVC is looking to add an Associate to the venture investment team. The candidate will play a central role in sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment thesis, supporting portfolio companies and corporate development. The ideal candidate will need to be eager to understand how evolving industries create opportunities for new technologies and be able to imagine which business models will thrive in those future markets.
- Source, identify, and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the team to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts)
- Evaluate and perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including preparing investment memos
- Develop investment areas across industries and meet with subject matter experts
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, competitive landscape, and share findings to the team
- Execute new and/or follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modeling
- Assist and support portfolio companies
- Engage with the entrepreneurial community
- Assist in coordinating annual tech event (e.g. Demo Day)
- BS/BA in business, finance, computer science or engineering degree required; MBA is a plus
- At least 2-3+ years of relevant work experience in Venture Capital and/or Investment Banking
- Technical and operating experience in within high growth startups
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and passion for core technologies
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Strong local network in the VC and startup ecosystem
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage for you and your family
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Match
- Paid Time off and Paid Company Holidays
Location of the position is in Santa Clara, CA.