Title: Investment Associate
Location: San Francisco
Start Timing: ASAP
Reach Capital is the leading early-stage edtech fund investing in the future of education. We are committed to supporting the growth of the edtech ecosystem and working in service of the category-defining startups and entrepreneurs in education.
We are looking for an exceptional Investment Associate to join our team. This Associate will help us identify, evaluate, and win opportunities to invest in the best edtech startups, and support them as they grow. The Investment Associate will play an integral role in our rigorous diligence process and assist with benchmarking analyses and fund modeling.
The primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Deal diligence : Evaluate new investment opportunities through qualitative and quantitative analysis such as market research, financial and cap table modeling, metrics analysis, and user interviews. Draft investment memoranda for recommendation of investments and drive the diligence process.
- Organization building: Help build and optimize the systems and provide insights supporting our work, including building financial models and decks, analyzing and tracking pipeline, and conducting metrics benchmarking analysis. Work closely with our CFO to conduct portfolio analysis in support of fund reporting and fundraising.
- Portfolio work: Identify opportunities and take lead on initiatives that support the success of our companies, such as financial forecasts, market analysis, potential business development partnerships, new hire introductions, and fundraising support.
- Sourcing : Proactively identify new investment opportunities, connect with promising entrepreneurs, qualify inbound leads, and conduct research on markets including creating market maps.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for edtech and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to improve access to opportunity through education
- 2–4 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or a startup/technology business (experience in edtech a plus)
- Track record of strong analytical and financial modeling skills combined with outstanding oral and written communication to deliver strategic insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills: the Associate will meet with entrepreneurs, co-investors, limited partners and other members of the startup community on a regular basis
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic, collaborative work environment with little structure or guidance
- Superb attention to detail
- Preferably located in or willing to relocate to the SF Bay Area
We will review applications on a rolling basis until Friday, December 30th, 2022. We look forward to meeting you!
Reach Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Reach Capital is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized communities apply to roles when they meet 100% of the job requirements, versus male applicants who apply if they meet an average of 60% of the requirements. If you think that your skills are transferable and can add value to this role, please apply so we can determine whether it’s a good fit.
As the most active early-stage edtech investor in the US, Reach Capital has invested in and helped grow over 70 leading edtech companies including Outschool, Brilliant, Lovevery, Handshake, and Nearpod. The companies we invest in are shaping the future of education from Early Childhood and K-12 to Higher Education and Workforce Development.