We are currently looking for an individual who is highly analytical and deeply passionate about fintech to join our team in New York or San Francisco as an Associate. This person will play a pivotal role in supporting our team of portfolio and fund analysis to find and support transformative, breakthrough companies in financial services.
- Proactive in developing investment theses to identify themes and investable opportunities
- Actively sourcing investment opportunities and engaging in relationship building with companies in the fintech ecosystem
- Owning analyses and due diligence processes with relevant oversight and supports the research, analysis and evaluation of investment opportunities including coordinating with third parties engaged in the due diligence process
- Conducting financial, market and company diligence on new potential investments
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis (e.g., market sizing, analyzing survey data, pricing analysis, web analytics data)
- Working with our portfolio companies to support them on strategic initiatives
- Supporting portfolio and fund analysis including tracking our pipeline and consolidating KPIs across the portfolio
- Developing an understanding of portfolio company metrics and how they trend over time
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or technical analysis (Finance, Engineering, Business, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in venture capital / growth equity, or at a high growth start up, or mix of investment banking and consulting.
- A strong passion and /or interest in financial services and technology
- Organized with a high attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrates analytical excellence and consistent reliability in meeting deadlines and expectations
- Strong empathy for our portfolio company founders as well as humility by putting the team first and creating a collaborative work environment
- Is a self-starter, able to take initiative, prioritize and work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize thoughts about companies and markets succinctly, confident in expressing a view while willing to listen to different views
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly and can problem solve
About Portage Ventures
Portage Ventures is a fintech-focused global investor that partners with some of the world’s most innovative financial technology companies. Portage invests globally across key fintech verticals, including wealth and asset management, insurance, consumer and small business finance. The Portage team has deep entrepreneurial and industry experience and provides founders with privileged access to the firm’s partners, in-house value creation experts, and broader global ecosystem. The firm has offices in Toronto, Montreal, New York, Paris, and London. For more information, please visit https://portagevc.com/.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.