As part of Northzone’s continuous growth, we are excited to expand our investment team in New York with a new Associate. We are looking for outstanding individuals that have the intellect and the drive to find, win over, and support the world’s best entrepreneurs – and who, like us, feel lucky to have such a rewarding job.
2023 is an exciting time to join the team – last year we raised over €1bn to invest in the next generation of changemakers from Seed to Growth, becoming a full-stack investor with transatlantic hubs out of New York, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Stockholm.
SNAPSHOT OF OUR NYC OFFICE, BASED IN MADISON SQUARE PARK
About the role
As an Associate, you will:
- Spend a large part of your time sourcing new deals and forming relationships with entrepreneurs in our target sectors and markets
- Be on the deal team for new investments, supporting market, financial, and commercial due diligence processes
- Work individually and in team settings to develop new investment thesis in exciting new market segments which will lead to sector expertise over time
- Provide support for our portfolio companies. You’ll get increased exposure to our portfolio as you spend time with us, but we’ll introduce relevant companies early on to involve you in the strategic work surrounding the portfolio
- Represent Northzone in the startup ecosystem and assist in various internal activities across the firm, including fund strategy, LP reporting, and events
- Work directly with the New York investment team as well as colleagues across all of our offices. We think it’s important for the entire team to meet regularly and travel across offices multiple times per year
- Be encouraged to take initiatives and over time, we will offer you the opportunity to leverage your increasing investor toolkit to assume early leadership in various aspects of life as an investor within Northzone
Want to know more? Check out this day-in-the-life of a NYC Associate at Northzone
You will probably have the following experience and attributes:
- At least 2 years full-time professional experience. Ideally from a tech-driven, entrepreneurial company, with a proven excellent analytical foundation
- Highly motivated with a demonstrable curiosity for technology, the entrepreneurial journey, and a strong commercial acumen
- Be a self-starter and a high achiever, both academically and in other walks of life
- You thrive without needing close management and you are results driven
- Strong communication skills: you need to be able to convey your thinking effectively, internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and positive attitude: low egos thrive at Northzone and building a strong network in our ecosystem is a key success driver, so strong social skills are core to success
- We warmly welcome candidates from different walks of life as we believe passionately that diversity in all its forms, leads to better outcomes
- Bonus point for existing connections to the NYC tech community
- Right to work in the US
Northzone (northzone.com) is a global venture capital fund built on experience spanning multiple economic and disruptive technology cycles. Founded in 1996, we have raised more than ten funds to date, with our most recent fundraise in excess of €1 billion and have invested in more than 150 companies, including category-defining businesses such as Trustpilot, Spotify, Klarna, Tier, iZettle, Kahoot!, Personio, TrueLayer, Spring Health, Forto, Zopa and Flink.
Between the global climate crisis and social, economic, and political uncertainty, we believe technological innovation will continue to be the silver lining that delivers real societal growth. Now more than ever, we look to entrepreneurs who are building a mindful, innovative future; and founders have proven many times that they thrive in turbulent times.
We want people driven by passion with an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to embrace the uncertainty of this world and the investment ecosystem. We’re welcoming all backgrounds and reward grit. Your profile doesn’t look like the norm? Be our guest.