We’re looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global startup accelerator and fund with a goal of providing world changing early stage startups with the tools, skills, and mentorship and networks necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to eventual acquisition.
We’re a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we’re looking for the next member of our family and team.
We’ve helped fund over $450M into companies and are looking for entrepreneurial oriented individuals who are in it for the long-haul to truly help startups and create investment returns to our investors.
If you’re looking to make a difference, we’re here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality.
We deliver results and set the standard for the entrepreneurs and investors everywhere.
You will be responsible for developing, building, managing investor partner relationships for our startup portfolio and angel syndicate – matching investors to our startups and helping them close investment rounds. This role is part of a team led by an experienced Venture Partner and multiple analyst with the ultimate goal of delivering quality potential investments to our fund.
This is an opportunity for an individual with strong intellectual capacity, analytical skills, deep interest in investment management, exceptional business acumen, and a solid work ethic to drive the future growth of the company.
We’re looking for competitive, results-driven “team members” – emphasis on the team because while this is an independently incentivized role, we live and die by the great work and sacrifices we all make together via our various programs to help our entrepreneurs grow and succeed – you’ll see some companies fail and some become unicorns, that’s just how it works.
This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time offers. Total compensation is $65,000 to $110,000 based on experience with incentive based compensation, medical benefits, and yearly goal based bonuses tied to portfolio performance – there is also the opportunity for stock in the company and our portfolio of companies after your initial 90 day ramp-up period.
Culture Fit Requirements:
A compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world – remember that experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will lead to success. In order to be successful in this role, you must have strong startup experience, superb interpersonal skills and charisma, as well as a hunger to help companies succeed.
You must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, able to be humble, trainable mentality, and able to learn on the job- we’re looking for people that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it and earn a place on our team. A previous and strong network in startups and the venture community is also a huge benefit and will make you stand out.
You must be hyper-organized, resourceful, and truly enjoys working in a team to achieve the vision- able to proactively reach out for guidance, offer and receive guidance from your fellow team members, and solve roadblocks on your own. Our companies will be relying on you and will live and die by your success in helping them or your failure in not giving it your all.
- Build, develop, and manage relationships with new and existing venture, angel, and corporate investors and partners
- Reach out to current and potential investors and partners through phone, email, text, LinkedIn, and AngelList
- Qualify potential investors and partners for our startups, research them, and generate follow through on partnerships
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and investor relationships with our portfolio of startups
- Develop a deep understanding of our companies so that you can promote them to our investor and corporate partners
- Present, promote, and convince investors and partners to setup meetings with and develop relationships with our startups
- Coordinate your efforts with our accelerator director, venture partners, account managers, and other departments
- Track progress of engagements and relationships between investors and startups with status reports to report to partners
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in startups and overall funding, accelerator, and investment market
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team to reach your potential
- Provide management with reports on startup needs, problems, competitive programs, and potential for new business
- 1-3 years experience in tech startups, fundraising, angel investing, or venture capital
- 1-3 years of business development and business relationship management experience
- Ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone, anywhere, at any-time
- Ability to google, learn independently, and solve roadblocks without handholding
- Personality type that talks to people on elevators and “owns” networking events
- Deep understanding of the business relationship development funnel and dynamics
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills to work with partners
- A commitment to excellent client services and delivering quality experiences
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record
- Excellent time management, and organizational skills is a must have
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback and coaching
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with Linkedin Sales Navigator,
- Knowledge and experience with CRM Tools (We use Hubspot)
- Knowledge and experience with Google Drive
- Be a part of a global team with a hybrid in-office and remote culture with a headquarters in East Austin, Texas
- Industry leader in compensation packages including base plus performance incentives, equity, and company stock.
- Fully covered benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances; plus a 401k program.
- Join an active culture and become a pillar in the startup community with weekly team outings and community events.
- Access to all of our accelerator certificate programs if you launch a startup during your career here (valued at $1M+).
- Active culture with a gym at HQ with bouldering, weight gym, classes, yoga, steam-rooms, and showers on-site.
- Up to 30 days of vacation allotted per year including paid time off/PTO, Holidays, Sick Days, and Election Day off.
- Hybrid roles receive up to 60 days of remote work allotment per year at the discretion of your leadership team.
- ClassPass membership gives you worldwide access to thousands of top-rated gyms, fitness studios, salons, and spas.
- Weekly catered lunch on Fridays, food trucks on-site on Thursdays, as well as unlimited snacks and Starbucks coffee.
- The 1st Monday of each month, we cater the whole day: a breakfast taco bar, BBQ lunch, and top performer dinner.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with thousands of startups around the globe.
If interested, please apply here.